More threads by Shelly

Shelly

Reaction score
I have a client that is a brewery with an onsite restaurant. We have listed Brewery as the primary category and Restaurant as the secondary. Currently, this location is listed in Yext with the Yext for Food upgrade. We have used this to push the food menu into GMB without a problem for over a year.

We are stopping our contract with Yext soon and I am concerned that I will lose the ability to upload our menus. I do have the menu URL entered into GMB but I would like to be able to fully upload the comprehensive food menu. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be an option since Restaurant is the secondary category. Of note, I checked another restaurant that we manage and the option to manually upload the menu in GMB appears to be missing, though they are also currently in Yext and I am not sure if that is impacting our options.

Will the full menu pull into GMB by referencing the menu URL? It seems like a lot of other local restaurants have just a link to their website on their mobile listings and not the full menu.
Would adding menu schema help? We currently don't have schema on the site, and it may be difficult to get for this client.
Is there another way I can get the full menu uploaded when GMB doesn't provide the option after I cut the Yext contract?

GMB won't pull anything from the menu URL. It will just list the URL. Menu schema will help for general search. You can also upload photos of your menu pages and add them to GMB.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom