More threads by Linda Buquet

Thank you Alex. I remember this from the training template. I already have an address in the footer but I would like to mark it up. Do I take the several lines of itemprop and past them into the footer section of the site, with the correct data filled in?

Sorry for the basic questions. I admit, I am well behind the curve with this and have a very basic understanding at this point. Learning quickly though just want to implement it properly.

Sorry to dig up an older thread but I am starting to dabble with markup for my own research. Specifically, the footer markup.

I am aware of two ways to markup content, hcard and schema. I remember from the training that hcard markup was used for the footer address. My question is, whichever I decide to use, do I place the address in the footer then markup the address in the footer? I'm not quite sure exactly how I mark it up. Just want to make sure I understand the terminology correctly, since I've never used it before.

Hi Luke, I don't remember how long ago we trained but I stopped using hCard a long time ago. I mean it does not hurt to use it but Schema is the standard going forward so that's what's I'd use now.

You took my Local SEO course right? Because the automated template does all the coding, all the SEO and other local hooks automatically for you. You don't need to know how to code or where it goes, the template just does it all.

I'd just re-listen to the training and use the template. It's so easy.

its hard to say without seeing the existing footer.

Simply copying the itemprops and pasting it in the footer section in the appropriate place may not work entirely. I would suggest just attempting to add markup to the existing footer. Before publishing the page, copy the marked up html... paste that into the structured data testing tool to ensure everything is reading correctly. If Google reads the information correctly, then you should be good to go.

Google Structured Data Testing Tool

If you have an auto-template, that would probably be the easiest solution

Thanks a11c. I am trying to test out some of the various markup tags and it dawned on me that I wasn't sure how to implement the footer markup. In my research, it appears that the big shift is towards schema these days as it's more widely accepted. The footer contains a link for Back to Top, Privacy Policy, Sitemap and in plain text has the address. I figured I only needed certain fields from the schema tags which is what I meant in my last response.

Linda, hcard was still in your discussions when I took the training. I have to look at the template again to see about the footer implementation. I initially thought you only mentioned hcard for the footer but I will find out for sure.

I'm reading about using schema review aggregating. Where is the the information about the ratings is derived from? Is it manually entered by me or is it pulled from somewhere I specify?

Also, is it okay to markup only the homepage if I'm just using local markup or is it supposed to be done on multiple pages?

I'm questioning what to use for lat and long in the schema markup for my clients. For example, the lat/long in the Google embed maps URL is not the same coordinates as the actual pushpin location. I completed a search with the lat/long from the URL and it was slightly NW of my business location. Any ideas how to correctly identity the lat/long to be used in schema markup? Thanks!

Have you tried GeoSetter? Check it out. It uses G maps.

"Shows existing geo coordinates, image directions and tracks on embedded Google Maps map"

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom