More threads by Somsenater

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this is discussed somewhere else (I did try to find another thread discussing the subject but found nothing)

Today I was manually adding a client to Bing Places for business and discovered, that they have a feature to Import data from Google My Business

import-1.png

I'm not sure how new of a feature this is, but I was amazed. Once I clicked on the green button to import the data from GMB it explained the process of how they'd proceed by requesting permission to view and manage your business listings on Google.

import-2.png

After allowing Bing access to the client's GMB, it automatically imported all the verified listings that the account had.

import-3.png
For me the major game-changer is if you manually enter your Bing Places for Business, you can skip the extra work by simply importing the business data from Google My Business, and best of all you don't have to waste time verifying the client's business if it is already verified in Google My Business! That means no hassle of phone calls or postcards from Bing!

It looks like to me that Bing is taking the steps in the right direction, by making our jobs just a bit easier. I'd love to know anyone else's thoughts.

I'm sorry if this is discussed somewhere else (I did try to find another thread discussing the subject but found nothing)

Today I was manually adding a client to Bing Places for business and discovered, that they have a feature to Import data from Google My Business

import-1.png

I'm not sure how new of a feature this is, but I was amazed. Once I clicked on the green button to import the data from GMB it explained the process of how they'd proceed by requesting permission to view and manage your business listings on Google.

import-2.png

After allowing Bing access to the client's GMB, it automatically imported all the verified listings that the account had.

import-3.png
For me the major game-changer is if you manually enter your Bing Places for Business, you can skip the extra work by simply importing the business data from Google My Business, and best of all you don't have to waste time verifying the client's business if it is already verified in Google My Business! That means no hassle of phone calls or postcards from Bing!

It looks like to me that Bing is taking the steps in the right direction, by making our jobs just a bit easier. I'd love to know anyone else's thoughts.
I noticed around January and surely am taking advantage of this time saver!!!

If you already have most of your listings established on Bing and another email is assigned to the Bing listings, will importing your GMB listings into a new email create duplicate listings?

That's a good question, I don't think so, but I'm not sure. The reason I think that is because Bing recognized my unverified listing and completely ignored them, so they weren't even submitted to Bing Places.

I noticed this too. It is a nice addition but Bing Places is available in select markets only. In fact, only 6 countries in Europe have access to this tool!

What peaked my interest with this import tool is that it did not show a warning message about country availability. Do you think it is possible to bulk upload listings from countries that Bing Places is not available yet?

If you already have most of your listings established on Bing and another email is assigned to the Bing listings, will importing your GMB listings into a new email create duplicate listings?

Great question. Should I take this step or is there a chance it will hurt my listing. We are all square on Bing, for years now. But would this be beneficial? It may add a layer of EAT, not saying Bing uses that but it can't hurt to build trust etc.

Is there any value, like ranking value, in doing it for an established Bing listing, or no? Only for the convenience of adding new ones?

Great question. Should I take this step or is there a chance it will hurt my listing. We are all square on Bing, for years now. But would this be beneficial? It may add a layer of EAT, not saying Bing uses that but it can't hurt to build trust etc.

Is there any value, like ranking value, in doing it for an established Bing listing, or no? Only for the convenience of adding new ones?

There could be a ranking boost on Bing, you never know. But it seems to be for the convenience of managing your listing on Bing.

In that case I wouldn't import. Both are established. You are established so you are set. I am finding with other directories that duplicate listings are generated with any extraneous activity.

Going forward, if you not have a Bing presence or a claimed Bing presence, use your GMB claim email as your Microsoft ID to create an account. Then import using the same email address.

Yeah I started using this about a year ago I think. That was the first time I had noticed it. Great feature!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom