AMF

Reaction score
I have more than a dozen citation sites that are "Power Synced" or "Owner Verified" meaning the data was provided by D&B or YEXT. I no longer have an subscription with YEXT. I have contacted both D&B and YEXT to get the incorrect information corrected. Both D&B and YEXT are saying that the other is responsible for correction the misinformation. Any suggestions!

whitespark

LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
When did you cancel your Yext subscription? I believe that after you cancel, your listings stay synced and active until the subscription fully expires. Perhaps your subscription is still active? I know that it's possible to ask Yext to turn it off and shut down the service early.

AMF

Reaction score
I had actually contacted Yext while my paid subscription was active about the errors. Support informed me that D&B was managing my acct., so Yext was going to cancel my subscription and issue a refund. They thing is, I never had a paid account with D&B to mange my citations. Neither Yext or D&B are being helpful. They tell me to contact the site directly, but they send me back to Yext. Meanwhile my internet traffic has taken a hit.

whitespark

LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
I'd have to see the listings, but my guess is that you have a claimed listing at D&B, and you probably had it before you signed up for Yext. Yext won't/can't sync with existing claimed listings. You'll need to try and get access to the claimed listings. Try the forgot password feature. If that doesn't work, ask D&B to set the listing to be unclaimed so you can reclaim it.

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

It's good to see you here.

What Darren said. Even after cancelling Yext, many of your listings stay as they were before and during your time with Yext. The worst Yext does is introduce duplicates (most of which you can suppress via Yext); I've never seen a case where Yext is responsible for creating incorrect listings you didn't have before.

Also, knowing what I know about your situation (e.g. squeaky-clean citations), I'd say it's unlikely the D&B listing has had any role in the hit to your traffic.

Reactions: AMF

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I have more than a dozen citation sites that are "Power Synced" or "Owner Verified" meaning the data was provided by D&B or YEXT. I no longer have an subscription with YEXT. I have contacted both D&B and YEXT to get the incorrect information corrected. Both D&B and YEXT are saying that the other is responsible for correction the misinformation. Any suggestions!

Unfortunately it sounds like you might be a victim of Yext's white labeling.

If your listings still say "Power Synced" or "Owner Verified" then you have an active Yext subscription. You need to get it cancelled.

Yext is the main point of contact for this. Explain the situation to them and they should be able to do something about it. Be very persistent. It sounds like they've already tried to pawn you off on D&B. They'll probably try it again. Point out to them that the listings are still Yext synced, so Yext clearly has a subscription going for you, white labeled or otherwise. Explain you just need the source so you can talk to them, whether it be Yext or someone else (highly unlikely it's D&B). Other common culprits are YP, HIBU, and any Local SEO company you might have worked with in the past or are working with currently.

You just need to figure out the source and deactivate your subscription. You could even look through your billing if you can easily and find who charged you for it.

Hope that helps.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Tim Colling Client's former web dev agency portfolio contains incorrect citation data Local Search 2
Linda Buquet Major Problems with Incorrect NAP Data for Local Businesses Local Search 3
J Getting Rid of Incorrect Highlights in GMB mobile listing ( highlights you can't update on back end ) Google My Business & Google Maps 1
W Incorrect Phone Number NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
NickB-Tampa Listing with no ratings and incorrect address outranking listings for same business with good ratings and proper addresses Google My Business & Google Maps 5
CoRichardson Incorrect "Located in" Description in Client's Knowledge Panel Help & Support for Google Local 13
W *URGENT* Business incorrectly labeled as "duplicate listing." MY BUSINESS WILL CLOSE IF UNRESOLVED!! Contact Us Messages 1
virens Reporting SABs incorrectly set up with fixed addresses Spam on Google 12
ianscott Incorrect Business Names/Duplicate Listings - When To Escalate To Spam Report? Spam on Google 1
L Incorrect Directions Issue Google My Business & Google Maps 1
S Incorrect duplicate notification - views on best way to proceed? Google Duplicates & Merges 10
B Incorrect Brand Knowledge Panel appearing for branded queries Help & Support for Google Local 0
L Updated google street view image for listing which is incorrect Local Search 8
KevinWag Leaving incorrect citations alone? Citations 5
J Incorrect Google Summary on Business Page - no resolution Google My Business & Google Maps 4
J Incorrect City for Google Points of Interest Carousel Google My Business & Google Maps 3
D Questions about use of incorrect (but actually correct) postcode NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 0
davidcharles Questions about use of incorrect (but actually correct) postcode NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 0
A Knowledge Graph - Incorrect NAP Reviews Local Search 1
jvaquino Incorrect Pin Marker on Map at Google MyBusiness Page Google My Business & Google Maps 8
Nick Rink Maps / G+ search goes to incorrect business Google My Business & Google Maps 4
A Hours display incorrect on mobile phone? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
Andrew Polanski Hours display incorrect on mobile phone? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
J Google + Local Address for Service Area Business Showing up Incorrect Service Area Businesses 1
J Google + Local Address for Service Area Business Showing up Incorrect Service Area Businesses 1
Susan Walsh Where do we report incorrect information and duplicate listing? Help & Support for Google Local 6
Elicia Clic Took off an incorrect review, now the places page won't show! Help & Support for Google Local 4
M client G + account signed up incorrectly under my own account Help & Support for Google Local 3
I Is there an uptick in keyword planner data being excluded for healthcare related terms? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 5
NickB-Tampa Should all the phone numbers on the landing page to our GMB listing be included in the structured data? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
B Compare/Contrast different GMB location's data? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
djbaxter Schema.org vs. Google's Structured Data Rich Results Organic SEO 0
Zhanna Which tracker shows correct data? Massive drop down in rankings in one of the trackers Help & Support for Google Local 3
H GMB - Dashboard data analysis longer than a quarter NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
Nicole Basham How early can you pull data on GMB Insights? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
john wieber Mobile Local SERPS Location Data in Result Local Search 5
Andrew Scherer Google's Structured Data Testing Tool axed... Bing's Alternative Local Search 1
K Insight Data Stops June 22nd? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
L GMB Insights Data not Updating Properly Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Nikki Stine GMB Insights Data missing for May 4 - 6? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 5
P Data aggregator sites - Who to use? Citations 3
Lachlan_Wells GMB Insights data not updating for two weeks Google My Business & Google Maps 1
djbaxter Avast antivirus caught spying on user data - and selling it Websites, Software, and Security 1
djbaxter Google reminder: Structured Data Does Not Impact Ranking Organic SEO 0
P Data around Reserve with Google Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Chaddow Changes to Apple Maps data sources what will this mean ? Local Search 2
S Free tool for local businesses - update data on Google, Facebook, Yelp, etc. - would you use it? Local SEO Tools & Software 7
JSammon512 Better Data in Google Ads & Analytics for Local Pack Ads (Google Local Extensions) Help & Support for Google Local 1
Claire Carlile No 'message you' data showing in Customer actions Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Ellen GMB Dashboard Data Highly Inflated -- Related to Barry Schwartz Inflated Impressions Article NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1