JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I've noticed there are, what feels like, a million and one local business sites that want to serve just the insurance market. And they're almost all crap.

They don't have contact pages, about pages, etc., don't offer a way to add or manage your listing, and don't appear to pull their results from any of the data aggregators.

Does anyone know where they're pulling this info from? Is there an insurance database out there like the NPI database but for insurance companies that they are pulling info from?

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Mostly crappy sites like:

flindependentagents.com
cheapautoinsurance.co
everquote.com
etc.

They have to be pulling their data from somewhere. I wonder where it is?

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
I don't get the sense they pull data from anywhere. The first two sites have super-incomplete directories, which means they probably got the insurance agents (or their marketers) to submit their own listings, one at a time. There is a "build it and they will come" component to certain niche directories. Everquote doesn't even seem to have a directory, as far as I can see, but rather this kind of deal: Auto Insurance Quotes Online, Free & Fast | EverQuote

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I thought they at one point allowed people to submit their own listings as well because it was so incomplete but I couldn't find any evidence of that in web.archive.org (although I can't say I searched extremely thoroughly). And there are other directories where they have a ton of listings. I think they have to be pulling from somewhere. If anyone knows, it would be great to hear about it.

PKLilikoi

Solutions
Reaction score
I thought they at one point allowed people to submit their own listings as well because it was so incomplete but I couldn't find any evidence of that in web.archive.org (although I can't say I searched extremely thoroughly). And there are other directories where they have a ton of listings. I think they have to be pulling from somewhere. If anyone knows, it would be great to hear about it.

I'm going to have to agree with @Phil Rozek here. It looks like flindependentagents.com got the information from somewhere( maybe Trusted Choice) . They must have had the agents input the information. They even have an agent directory which you can find a variety of info when you input a city or agency name.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Adding Accepted Health Insurances NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
mikepetersonwi Products and Services for Insurance Agency NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
B "Check Insurance Info" Link In GMB - How'd it get there? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
W Accepted Health Insurance Feature on Google My Business Google News: Important Changes & Features 14
mikepetersonwi Insurance Products vs Services NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 5
Colan Nielsen GMB Adds "Manage insurance info for your practice" Section to Guidelines Google My Business & Google Maps 2
mikepetersonwi List an insurance agency as a SAB or not? Service Area Businesses 4
Tim Colling Liability insurance for agencies 💲💲💲 Consultant's Corner 7
djbaxter Pros and cons of cyber insurance Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
R Repurposing Insurance Agent Listings for use with New Agents? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
R Naming Conventions for Insurance Company Agent Listings with Secondary Agency Names Google My Business & Google Maps 8
V Strange Insurance Categories in Baxter, MN Google My Business & Google Maps 3
jsherloc State Farm Insurance Agents Clarifications Local Search 6
carltonrsmith Local SEO for captive insurance agent website Local Search 8
M Independent insurance agent dupes Google Duplicates & Merges 4
M Independent insurance agent dupes Google Duplicates & Merges 4
Cleaner44 Let's talk about... Listings for Insurance Agencies Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Nyagoslav Insurance Agencies Disallowed to Post Testimonials on Site Local Search 9
C Working With Big Brand Insurance Agent Help & Support for Google Local 11
F Google Maps Citation confusion? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
valentinb13 GMB uses residential address—but client wants to use PO Box for other citations... Citations 3
Elmer .S What is the most accurate search strings to use when doing manual citation audit? Citations 7
JohnnyM Changing Information in citations Google Local 101 1
DragonXD SEMrush and citation service in Denmark NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
SpectateSwamp Long Business Name & Citations Recycle Bin 0
TriciaClements Long Business Name & Citations Citations 9
K Law Practice Buyout and Existing Citations Citations 4
sixthcitysarah What citation sites would you say are still important in 2020? Citations 10
N Should I use a GMB Website to get a citation and links? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
F Looking for Italian citations services Citations 7
Mike Yem Automotive Department Citations Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 1
C Client with multiple address across citations and web properties All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
Gordon.Ligon SAB vs Physical Address, and its ramifications for NAP citations Service Area Businesses 7
Monica Simpson Optimizing Name - do citations matter? All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 7
Dana Franks Changing HTTP to HTTPS in citations Citations 6
Oliver Keates Looking for new citations in 2020 for the UK Citations 4
H Quick questions about citations (newbie here) Citations 2
LocalSEODat Using UTM for GMB link to website. Does that mess w/ citation matching, rankings or anything negative effect? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
bernilocal Looking for France citations service ? Citations 8
C Cheapest Citation NAP Correction Service Citations 16
P Change of Address - Do We Update Citations? Citations 2
P Schema Markup - SameAs - Using these for citations for branches Citations 14
C Website URLs for Multiple locations in Google My Business & Local Citations Google My Business & Google Maps 2
M Fake Map Listings Auto-Created by Citation Service? Spam on Google 6
Craig McBreen Citations for service area business Citations 16
V Question: Bring something to foreign citations Help & Support for Google Local 2
K Customer wants to add a tracking number across all of his Citations NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
Oliver Keates New Citations Local Search 6
Travis Van Slooten Using Home Address for GMB and UPS Address for Citations?? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 10
Colan Nielsen Announcing "Social Poster" from Citation Builder Pro LSF News and Announcements 0