More threads by jonnathanmonsalve

Reaction score
Hi all! I was recently listening to a podcast where they said it's better to manually create citations so that they are somewhat different from one another. The point being, aggregators will duplicate the business description on every site, decreasing the chances of those pages being indexed. The logic makes sense (what's the point of indexing duplicate content) but I'm not sure if that really applies out in the wild.

Thoughts? Does it matter?

Hi all! I was recently listening to a podcast where they said it's better to manually create citations so that they are somewhat different from one another. The point being, aggregators will duplicate the business description on every site, decreasing the chances of those pages being indexed. The logic makes sense (what's the point of indexing duplicate content) but I'm not sure if that really applies out in the wild.

Just seeing this - made a post a few minutes ago about this topic (essentially).

Right now the vast majority of my citations are not indexed. After using pinging and a "find us on the web" page on my site linking to all my citations (that is indexed and crawled) there is still no effect. They have been up for 4+ months and the linking page on the site has been up for a few weeks.

I made all of the citations manually, BUT copy pasted the desriptions.

Duplicate content seems to be the only thing getting in the way, they are not spam directories. Many common "top directories" are just refusing to be indexed.

Just seeing this - made a post a few minutes ago about this topic (essentially).

Right now the vast majority of my citations are not indexed. After using pinging and a "find us on the web" page on my site linking to all my citations (that is indexed and crawled) there is still no effect. They have been up for 4+ months and the linking page on the site has been up for a few weeks.

I made all of the citations manually, BUT copy pasted the desriptions.

Duplicate content seems to be the only thing getting in the way, they are not spam directories. Many common "top directories" are just refusing to be indexed.
Got it. I'm making some small variations to my descriptions to see if that has any effect on indexing. I just started this week so I expect it to take a while before I notice anything.

Original descriptions are merely a very small part of getting your citations indexed. There are numerous other factors that prevent indexing.

AFAIK, the only disadvantage of using an aggregator is that you can't edit your post after it's submitted to the various directories & some of these directories have a very high Moz Spam Score (which is bad for your site).

This might be of interest to you. Backlink Indexing Services I've got a vested interest in this service😁

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom