Erika1986

Reaction score
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone is having issues with Facebook lately, especially when it comes to managing client pages/stores?

Facebook is very problematic as it is, with no customer support available, however, lately, we have seen new issues happening and not sure what's causing them or how to fix them.

1. We ask our clients to provide us with Admin access to their pages, which they always do, but in 95% of cases these invitations never come through to us. I then suggest trying to re-send the invite, as then the client can simply forward me the invite link, which works a lot better. The problem is when the client does not have all pages under one account - having to gather all links separately is time-consuming for them.

2. Sometimes we are being provided with the wrong level of access (e.g. moderator instead of admin). When the client tries to upgrade us to admin - they get an error message, saying something went wrong. The same happens if they try to remove us altogether and resend the invite with correct access.

3. The most recent and most annoying issue is that even with correct (admin) level access - we are unable to edit/update store pages in bulk. We can access them and get the data export, but not update them. We get the message saying that "You don't have permission to edit stores". Interestingly enough, we can edit each page individually, but again, this is not ideal when you are working with a large brand.

Has anyone else come across these issues recently? Any ideas on why this may be happening and how to fix this?

Any insight would be really appreciated.

Thank you!

ErinJones

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Reaction score
1. We ask our clients to provide us with Admin access to their pages, which they always do, but in 95% of cases these invitations never come through to us. I then suggest trying to re-send the invite, as then the client can simply forward me the invite link, which works a lot better. The problem is when the client does not have all pages under one account - having to gather all links separately is time-consuming for them.

2. Sometimes we are being provided with the wrong level of access (e.g. moderator instead of admin). When the client tries to upgrade us to admin - they get an error message, saying something went wrong. The same happens if they try to remove us altogether and resend the invite with correct access.

3. The most recent and most annoying issue is that even with correct (admin) level access - we are unable to edit/update store pages in bulk. We can access them and get the data export, but not update them. We get the message saying that "You don't have permission to edit stores". Interestingly enough, we can edit each page individually, but again, this is not ideal when you are working with a large brand.
Hey Erika! For what it's worth, you are not alone with these experiences. Facebook has always had a reputation for being challenging to get support from, and COVID made it 1,000 times more difficult. We see these frustrations often, across a variety of verticals and brands, and not always consistently.

1. We have had issues with this as well. Often, I find the missing invites come from older brand pages that are owned by an individual instead of being set up in Business Manager. I don't have proof on this, but I've noticed it lately. Business Manager is a newer addition and seems to be continually changing and can be clunky at times. If you and the client are both comfortable with it, one of the easiest ways to fix this is to have them add you personally as an admin temporarily so that you can go in and set up or verify their Business Manager setup and associate it with yours to ensure proper setup. It is not against Facebook Terms of Service to log into someone else's account with their permission, but I still try to keep this practice to a minimum to avoid potential problems. This also helps if they have multiple pages - keeping everything in one business manager assists greatly with Admin efforts, having everything in one place.

2. Having things set up in Business Manager will allow you to make these changes as well. There seem to be frequent disconnects when doing the traditional admin invite directly via their profile. The only way I've historically gotten around this is logging in as them to properly add yourself, which is not a great option, or to have them add someone else on your team with proper admin access, and then have that admin add you. You can then remove their access, or keep them on as a backup.

3. I am also experiencing this frustration. The easiest way around this is to use a third-party tool to crosspost or publish posts. Facebook Creator Studio allows some crossposting, but so far, I have found it to be inconsistent. As for actually editing the profiles, as far as I know, doing them one by one is the only way to do this. Unfortunately, most of the documentation covers the setup of store locations, but not ongoing maintenance and updates. As I'm sure you have seen, ongoing support from Facebook leaves a lot to be desired.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if I misinterpreted or if you'd like clarification.