More threads by wcssderek

wcssderek

Reaction score
For one of our locations, in the Google Knowledge Graph it says "Located in: Home Depot." We're actually in front of a Home Depot at a different address. I can't figure out how to edit this information in GBP. Any ideas?

Solution
Don't try again until it has been explicitly rejected. Do you know how to check on the status of your edit suggestions? I can show on browser, but I do not know where it is on cell phone (I'm a weird antisocial dinosaur who didn't have a cell phone until 2020 lol).

In general suggestions can take WILDLY different times before being accepted or rejected. I've had some get accepted after literal months.
Nevermind. I found it. You have to go to Google Maps and suggest an edit, click on "change name or other details" and the pop-up will allow you to suggest this be removed. I do wish it were under GBP though.

Let us know if that works. Historically, we have always had to contact Google business profile support to remove incorrect located in features even though you can theoretically edit it through Suggest an edit.

Let us know if that works. Historically, we have always had to contact Google business profile support to remove incorrect located in features even though you can theoretically edit it through Suggest an edit.

Will do, Colan. I have a feeling I'm going to have to go through support to get this to stick.

Don't try again until it has been explicitly rejected. Do you know how to check on the status of your edit suggestions? I can show on browser, but I do not know where it is on cell phone (I'm a weird antisocial dinosaur who didn't have a cell phone until 2020 lol).

In general suggestions can take WILDLY different times before being accepted or rejected. I've had some get accepted after literal months.

Solution

Thanks for the suggestion. I just looked at it and it says pending. But I also found an identical request we made back in December (another person in my department has access to this account) and that one is still pending as well.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom