Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Need your help:

Have a client with Local listing and they don't know the Google login for it.

What should I do to get this under a proper account I can actually log into? Just want to avoid dups, etc.

Thanks for the advice in advance!

Matt

Scott Rawlins

Solutions
Reaction score
I would call G+ support. They may have to call the business to verify some information, but after they do, you should be able to get control of the listing. It has always worked for me. It may take some perseverance, but I have been able to gain control over listings in that same situation.

Hope that helps.

Scott Rawlins

Solutions
Reaction score
Sign in to a Google account first. Then go to GMB Help Center. Click "Contact Us", then "Call Us". Fill out all info and they will call you pretty quickly. Like I said, has always worked for me.

jvaquino

Reaction score
I heard once you call Google to request for ownership for a GMB page, they will hold you for a second and they will call the phone # of that business for verification purpose. Then once done, Google will ask for email that you want to use to manage that GMB page.:)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M How to take down a listing without reverifying it Google My Business & Google Maps 1
E.Dieter Martin 1 service area business, 1 "office", 2 phones, 2 GMB listings. Merge without losing reviews? Service Area Businesses 1
D Editing GMBs WITHOUT Re-verification & Getting listings pulled? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
J A Bunch of Unverified Listings Without Websites Ranking Well Ranking Puzzles 7
JoyHawkins A Bunch of Unverified Listings Without Websites Ranking Well Ranking Puzzles 7
H Indexing blog content without a massive list of archive months Local Search 3
J Any Way to Move Google Local Listings to a New Account without Re-verifying? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
G Oops....How to edit a client's listing without causing problems??? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
G Is it possible to rank a client's Google Places listing in top 7 without a website? Help & Support for Google Local 10
AdvoAd Unknown GMB listing Google Duplicates & Merges 1
MuneebRahmani Accidentally used other brand name in my GMB listing Moving or Name Changes 1
M Hotel bar appearing instead of main hotel listing Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Tony Wang Address on listing doesn't match the pin ?!! Google My Business & Google Maps 2
J Duplicate listings on Google ( GMB Listings ) popping up a lot lately - listing being 'stolen' by someone else... Local Search 2
P Can you confirm if @alias (short name on GMB) causes drops on the list? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
R Rankings really low after suspension and delete/recreate of GMB Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 8
stankolev What is the maximum number of categories single Google My Business listing can have? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 5
Don Archer Google business listing with 482 Real Review Missing. How do I get them back? Help & Support for Google Local 7
BekahBerry Managing one client with multiple listings and need to be alerted to reviews All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
Hammer GMB listing, can't find out who owns or request access All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
W Remove Listing Google Local 101 4
Collin "Delete this listing" vs "Remove listing" Google Duplicates & Merges 4
Hammer Site manager trying to get listing ownership All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 6
J Getting Rid of Incorrect Highlights in GMB mobile listing ( highlights you can't update on back end ) Google My Business & Google Maps 1
A Old listing reflects the wrong information - But there's a twist. Google Duplicates & Merges 1
JoyHawkins Get Live Inventory Displayed on Your Google My Business Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 9
greenworld_ Adding a new location extension for a separate GMB listing Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
M Removing old GMB listing from previous owner of premises Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Professor M New Local European Local listing removals Process Google My Business & Google Maps 1
1 GMB Listing Disabled after updating address... Google My Business & Google Maps 12
TriciaClements 3 Businesses - how to handle GMB listings for SAB? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
M Bar within hotel appearing in place of main hotel listing Help & Support for Google Local 6
Scott Rawlins GMB Listing in Greece Google My Business & Google Maps 4
RobertCarnitas GMB Spam for 'Located In' business - Does it affect the GMB listing for the business that is located inside it? Spam on Google 3
G Internet marketing company and map listings? Help & Support for Google Local 4
D New GMB listing possible due to acquisition of company? Service Area Businesses 3
Elmer .S How to delete duplicate Claimed listings on Yelp? Citations 5
L Multiple Listing Against Guidelines? Multi-Location Issues 4
Jen Currier Would you set up an Architect client with a Hybrid/SAB GMB listing if the location was residential? Service Area Businesses 2
Colan Nielsen NEW Claim your listing on BrightLocal's Agency Directory: Get in front of relevant customers and win leads LSF News and Announcements 3
TriciaClements Realtor Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 14
jross Incomplete GMB Listing Error? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Annika Neudecker Mysteriously vanishing GMB listings Google My Business & Google Maps 5
S Old Listing Hijacked by another business Spam on Google 2
WAHamilton Main listing filtered by duplicate, after duplicate is marked as 'closed' Google Duplicates & Merges 6
A Listing suspended due to account manager spamming? Google advise to create new GMB Local Search 13
NickB-Tampa Should all the phone numbers on the landing page to our GMB listing be included in the structured data? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
FriarTuck00 Question Regarding GMB Listings and Phone Numbers Multi-Location Issues 3
Greg Bernhardt Increased frequency of listing suspensions for legit changes Google My Business & Google Maps 8
R Car Dealerships Multi Listings by department Multi-Location Issues 4