More threads by Lachlan_Wells

Lachlan_Wells

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking for a tool to scrape Maps results so I can easily put together a spreadsheet for competitor analysis and reporting spam.

I've found a few tools but they all seem to require Windows as they're hosted locally instead of in the cloud, which is difficult for me as a mac user.

Can anyone recommend one?

I don't know for sure, but I expect that they do not.

There is a great feature in PlacesScout that will do it all for you.

Thanks for the shoutout Darren, much appreciated!

@Lachlan_Wells - check out our Leads / Competitive analysis tool in Places Scout, it will do exactly what you are looking for - scrape Maps results with a full audit of GMB data for each result. You can use this data for competitive analysis and to identify spammy listings in GMB.

We are a cloud based platform so no need to worry about what OS you are running, everything on your end is done using any web browser.

Lastly, we do not track Google travel results, only organic and maps.

Hope this helps!

I use Botsol, and love it. The free version gives me exactly what I need for these types of audits, and I can export to Excel.

I've been looking for a similar solution for my Mac loving coworkers, but unfortunately have not found one yet. In the mean time, I run a scan for them, and email the spreadsheet to them. Is a compromise like this something that's possible for you? Do you have a coworker who uses Windows?

I use Botsol, and love it. The free version gives me exactly what I need for these types of audits, and I can export to Excel.

I've been looking for a similar solution for my Mac loving coworkers, but unfortunately have not found one yet. In the mean time, I run a scan for them, and email the spreadsheet to them. Is a compromise like this something that's possible for you? Do you have a coworker who uses Windows?

Since that is machine-based, have you run into any problems with burning your IP address (e.g., getting the "prove you're a human" captcha request)?

Hey @Eric Rohrback, no I haven't... not yet anyway. It's probably a matter of time before I do though. I get the captcha when I just do regular Google searches while SEOQuake is active. I've been getting it with the BrightLocal search tool sometimes as well even though I use that in incognito.

I'd hire a professional (sort of) scraper for that.

He could get you something up in running pretty quickly and perfectly integrated with your workflows.

There's the easy but slower way through Selenium (Python, Java, Ruby and C#) or there's the http GET requests way which is much faster but requires more work to avoid scraping detection, but it's doable.

Anyways, learning a programming language is of course useful. Learning Python was something I don't regret and the only limit is your imagination!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom