More threads by sarmcl

sarmcl

Solutions
Reaction score
We have a senior living client whos main category should be Assisted Living but they INSIST it on being Rehabilitation Facility. Google will not keep the Rehab Facility as a main and keeps switching it back to Assisted Living

The client DOES offer Rehab Services for their clients. Is there any way for this category to stick as the main category or is Google going to keep switching it back because their website is heavily optimized for Assisted Living?(it does speak of being a Rehab Center as well)

Might it help stick if we have the website go to Rehab page directly instead of home page?

If Assisted living is their bread and butter service, I would not demote that to a secondary GMB category. Do they have a specific person who does the rehab? You could set up a second GMB (practitioner profile) and use the Rehab category for that one. Then you get the best of both worlds.

If Assisted living is their bread and butter service, I would not demote that to a secondary GMB category. Do they have a specific person who does the rehab? You could set up a second GMB (practitioner profile) and use the Rehab category for that one. Then you get the best of both worlds.
I can understand why they want to focus on "rehab" if that's their primary business. There is a difference between assisted living and rehab, although some assisted living facilities also have rehab facilities.

I am surprised that they would prefer to focus on ranking for rehab but that's their decision.

If Google thinks you're miscategorized and keeps flipping back consider other ways to promote client as a rehab service - what do your Google Posts talk about? What are the listing images portraying? What services are most highlighted on the website landing page that GMB users click through to? What are you categorized as on other high authority sites and in other feeds Google ingests? What is on the signage?

Besides promoting client under both categories, you'll also train the algo (over time) to more clearly associate the business to it's preferred category and therefore lessen the probability of it flipping categories back when you change them!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom