More threads by Colan Nielsen

Important post

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
There has been an insane number of users reporting that they are missing Google reviews at the Google Business Profile forum these last couple of weeks. Today Google shared an update that I wanted to share here as well.

Google is aware of this issue and is actively working to fix it. New reviews that are not in violation of their policies should now be appearing on Google Business Profiles as normal. Reviews submitted over the last week that were not appearing on Google Business Profiles due to this issue should be posted by the end of this week.

I have a client for whom at least 6 recent Google reviews are not showing up (he currently only has 10 - had 11 yesterday and knew that even then some were missing).

I requested help from Google and have this link, Reviews not showing up - Google Business Profile Community. I'm happy to provide the business name, etc. if that would help. This came to my attention because I started reaching out to customers and gave a link to leave a review. Some of them have sent me screenshots of the reviews they left and/or the email they received from Google after leaving a review.

I have a client for whom at least 6 recent Google reviews are not showing up (he currently only has 10 - had 11 yesterday and knew that even then some were missing).

I requested help from Google and have this link, Reviews not showing up - Google Business Profile Community. I'm happy to provide the business name, etc. if that would help. This came to my attention because I started reaching out to customers and gave a link to leave a review. Some of them have sent me screenshots of the reviews they left and/or the email they received from Google after leaving a review.

Google is using an aggressive AI to filter out and remove reviews. It's not much different than what Yelp has been doing for years.

What are you using to solicit reviews?

We are sending out text and/or email requests with a link to leave, via the CRM (Go HighLevel) that this customer is using. In some cases, we sent the direct review link that the GBP provides and sending it out by email.

Which reviews go missing? The ones from Go Highlevel or the ones you email yourself?

Still have a few clients who are getting reviews but the reviews are not visible. This appears to go beyond simply removing reviews that break the rules and involves actively preventing reviews from showing on certain profiles. Odd if this is deliberate.

So apparently while the issue has been resolved, there could a delay in all reviews showing up. Businesses need to relax and give Google a few days for new reviews to show up.

So apparently while the issue has been resolved, there could a delay in all reviews showing up. Businesses need to relax and give Google a few days for new reviews to show up.

I guess I need to be patient for a bit longer - there are still at least 6 reviews missing for one of my clients.

There has been an insane number of users reporting that they are missing Google reviews at the Google Business Profile forum these last couple of weeks. Today Google shared an update that I wanted to share here as well.

Google is aware of this issue and is actively working to fix it. New reviews that are not in violation of their policies should now be appearing on Google Business Profiles as normal. Reviews submitted over the last week that were not appearing on Google Business Profiles due to this issue should be posted by the end of this week.

Not fixed for me. A client left one for my company- was visible for a few days and now it has disappeared although the count is still as if it is there.

Hard to say if it's related to the previous issue. Since Google has said that that particular issue is fixed I think it safe to assume that any new reviews that are not showing up are intentional.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom