More threads by greg.gbm

greg.gbm

Reaction score
I am managing the Google Business profile for a client and the situation is similar to that of another fellow user (@acharlton).
A dis grunted ex-employee and friends have posted multiple 1-star reviews.
This ex-employee is fully aware of the google community guidelines and has ensured that no inappropriate words of racism, discrimination, conflict of interest, etc are included in these 1-star reviews.
I would go a step further to state that this ex-employee and friends have carefully and deliberately posted multiple 1-star reviews that are devoid of any text.

One such 1-star review has been removed via the google tool that manages google reviews.
However there are still at least 9 1-star reviews that the ex-employee and his friends have posted to the Google Business profile.
I have tried to 'Check the status of a review I’ve already reported and my appeal options' but I'm not sure how to proceed because all the reported reviews are in a state of 'Decision pending' instead of being 'denied'.
I have also waited this out for a full 14 day period so I'm not sure what is the normal waiting period or something has gone wrong.
Thoughts anyone?
Screenshot 2024-09-17 233628.png

Screenshot 2024-09-17 233712.jpg

@greg.gbm - If you flagged them, reported them with the review management tool and appealed the decision—and waited 14 days!—you've got one more option: create a post in the community forum. A Product Expert can escalate the case, giving you one more shot at removal.

@Stefan Somborac , Thank you for your reply!
With regards to what you wrote;
Yes: I believe I have reported them using the review management tool.
Yes: I definitely have waited a full 14 days (now 15).
No: I have not appealed the decision because I do not see any decision made regarding the reviews that I reported.
I believe I wrote in my post with supporting screenshots that most of the reported reviews are in a state of 'Decision pending' instead of being 'denied'.
Are you saying one can appeal a decision when the reported reviews are in a state of 'Decision pending'?
How should I proceed?
Any thoughts?

@greg.gbm - You've got hands-on experience with some of what follows. I apologize for the redundancy. I want to illustrate the whole process so it's clear to others who might read this post.

Start by flagging a review from within your Business Profile. Click the icon that looks like a stop sign with an exclamation point to start.

0 - Flag A Review.jpg

Then, if that doesn't work, move to the Review Management tool.

Within the Review Management tool, in its "default" state, you will see the option to "Report a new review for removal".
1 - Review Management Tool -  Report.jpg

Once you report a review, you will also see the option to check the status of your reported reviews.
2 - Review Management Tool -  Report or Appeal.jpg

When you check the status of a report, if you have the option to submit an appeal, you'll find a radio button for that (at the bottom). Note: The screenshot illustrates a case where you can submit an appeal even though the decision is still pending!
3 - Review Management Tool - Appeal Eligible Reviews.jpg

After each step (flagging, reporting and appealing), you need to wait at least three days.

Finally, if the review hasn't been taken down after taking all the steps above, you can try reporting it in the community forum. When you create your post in the forum, be sure to include a link to the review and state which part(s) of the Prohibited & restricted content policy you believe it violates.

It goes without saying: don't report a review just because it's negative. You need to be able to illustrate how it violates content policy.

Hope that helps!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU Webinar

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom