More threads by Sarah

Sarah

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I’m working on local SEO for a Canadian client in Quebec who has an English and French version of their site. The GMB listing address is defaulting to English (“street” instead of “rue”), but the NAP on their site and schema is in French.

How important is it that we get the NAP language to match? I’ve read that Google takes this into account, but I’m wondering if anyone has any experience with this specifically.

Hi Sarah:

We have a client based in QC, and their address uses Rue, both on GMB & the website. I would double check the backend in GMB and if still having an issue to reach out to GMB support to fix it.

Taking a shot in the dark here, but if you have 2 separate sites for English and French, shouldn't the NAP schema be in English on the English site and French on the French site?

Then either way it would match up with the GMB page.

What percentage of the business's gross revenue comes from which language. If 95% of the business comes from English-speaking customers, that's a pretty strong argument to do everything in English, IMO. Also research top ranked local competition and see what they are doing.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom