More threads by randy

randy

Reaction score
A client recently moved from an office in an office park to an ADU in her new home about 20 miles away (different city and county). Currently has an optimized GBP, substantial citations profile, reviews, etc. My dilemma is that the business previously showed its address on GBP and website, now the client doesn't want her home address displayed and is using a PO box on the website. I realize a PO box can't be used for GBP but the business itself has not changed substantively, it's still client-facing and not a virtual office, and so on, so there should be no change in its eligibility.

Should I change the address on GBP and then hide it, effectively making it a SAB? Won't the new NAP need to be displayed on the website in order to update all its citations?

Anyway, I'd appreciate any thoughts on managing the transition.

Last edited:
If she doesn’t want the address displayed on Google or her website, then I would advise just hiding the address and doing nothing else.

Don’t update the address on the profile or you’ll probably trigger recertification. That’s a world of pain you’d be better off avoiding if you can.

No need to update the citations or website. Keep everything at the old address. Good to go.

But keep in mind that this will keep her ranking in the old city. That might be a good thing for her, but if she wants to rank in the new city instead, then this article explains what you should do:

If she doesn’t want the address displayed on Google or her website, then I would advise just hiding the address and doing nothing else.

Don’t update the address on the profile or you’ll probably trigger recertification. That’s a world of pain you’d be better off avoiding if you can.

No need to update the citations or website. Keep everything at the old address. Good to go.

But keep in mind that this will keep her ranking in the old city. That might be a good thing for her, but if she wants to rank in the new city instead, then this article explains what you should do:

Thank you. The simpler the better. I like that.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom