More threads by cfazio

cfazio

Reaction score
First time I have seen this type of result before (maybe just first time in my industry?).

It is an image/name card carousel with data taken from GBP, when the card is clicked it changes the SERP query to the listings name (and retains the carousel up top).

There is also a clickable breadcrumb which will turn into your search query.

I have only gotten it to pop by searching "major city + apartment buildings".

The order is very different from the results for the same query in maps.

Has anyone else seen this type of SERP feature?

Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 11.31.27 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 11.32.47 AM.jpg

I'm not sure whether the feature is new per se, but I suspect it's not specifically intended as a "local" feature. Or rather not in a business way.

In my Montreal results, note that the second one is a knowledge panel for "Architecture of Montreal" (direct link), and almost all of these have WIkipedia description, so I'm fairly sure this is knowledge-graph-powered (that wiki page is in the category "Buildings and structures in Montreal") and connected to knowledge panels rather than business profiles as such.

1655232430917.jpg

Ahh, you got it that makes sense.

Google is relating it more to facts about the building itself vs. the intent of the user who may be looking for apartments.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom