More threads by Cordell Crowley

Reaction score
So, I stumbled across this in one of my client's dashboards earlier. New "Products" tab on the left that is in beta? The business is a florist in Oklahoma.

Didn't know if anybody else had seen this yet or not. Haven't seen it on any of our other clients- just this one.

It looks like it basically is a digital catalog for products the business sells, organized by "collections". On mobile, it shows on the "Products" tab where product posts have been showing.
Google Products Beta.png

Ooh, I've been looking for an example of this. I'd love to see how it looks in the SERPs if you are able to share screenshots.

Also @BenFisher that discussion is about the Products & Services link which is different than this Beta she's referring to.

Ooh, I've been looking for an example of this. I'd love to see how it looks in the SERPs if you are able to share screenshots.

Sure. I made a product post also to show how they show next to each other. The "product collection" shows up in the Product tab on mobile underneath the product posts.

When you click into the collection, it pulls it up that collection and presumably whatever products you've added to it.

Product Tab Mobile.png

Product Tab Mobile 2.png

I don't have Products or Collections either on desktop or mobile. My category should be education. Just an FYI.

UPDATE: I'm now seeing this feature -- Still marked as (Beta) to the side -- in ~60 or so of our clients' dashboards. All florists across both the U.S. and Canada.

Interestingly, none of my non-florist businesses have the Products Beta. This includes towing, auto repair, clothing boutiques, antique stores, landscaping companies, pet supply shops, and much more.

Wanted to provide an update on this feature and check in if anybody else has seen this begin to start showing up more frequently, and if so, what business categories it is showing up for.

I would love that, but I don't see it yet. We are in the Grocery/Supermarket industry

Yes I have this now and testing!

Last edited:
Yes I have this now and testing!

Great! We've been doing it for our clients who have it, though not everybody has it yet, unfortunately.

It works great with our florist clients because we can do a collection for different categories such as sympathy, holiday centerpieces, Valentine's Day arrangements, etc. and then include a variety of floral products for each category.

I just got it for some of my home décor GMB clients. I want to confirm the "Product" tab only appears on Smartphones, correct? That is the only way I have seen the Product tab so far. I wanna check that I am not missing something.

I just got it for some of my home décor GMB clients. I want to confirm the "Product" tab only appears on Smartphones, correct? That is the only way I have seen the Product tab so far. I wanna check that I am not missing something.
Yes, Mobile only. Would be terrific if it were on all though....

Thank you.

As of today all my cleints now have the Product (beta) feature in the GMB.

Now to figure out how to measure the results.

Because it was a bright shiny new option in my GMB dashboard (Grocery) some time ago I couldn't resist and of course configured for a few of our businesses. I'm struggling to find a definition of the purpose, or how to measure results. Products show up in mobile and that's terrific, but does this feature tie in with the local pack or afford a benefit that I'm overlooking?

Anyone have an answer? It doesn't seem like it's possible to do the Google Shopping feed on Google My Business. That might be in the works though since the Products feature is still in Beta.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom