More threads by brettmandoes

brettmandoes

Reaction score
Hey there everyone, I have a few clients that I'm doing SEO for and we've seen an unusual uptick in suspensions. All of which are false flags - in one case I had a client suspended for a location that they've been in for years, and still have the sign outside in plain view on street view. For one client, we had 3 listings suspended in 2 days. They only have ten listings. Reinstatement was fast (no violations), but it's concerning. Another client whose listings we don't manage also had a long time listing suspended. Again, no violation of TOS.

Ironically I am managing some profiles that are in violation of TOS that haven't been caught up. Owners are unresponsive to our advice. Storage units, regis virtual offices, etc. Point is that I don't understand why our legitimate profiles are being flagged while my clients who are gaming the system are still continuing to sneak past the system. And no, before anyone asks, I did not set those up.

Is anyone else experiencing this? It seems unlikely to be a competitor, given the geographical differences and different clients being suspended. Did Google ramp up their efforts with a more aggressive approach to finding violators, and it's picking up legitimate businesses in the sweep? I've managed many, many GMB profiles and this is unusual activity for us.

Same.

One client because he moved. Mine was suspended because I accidentally changed the address from not showing to showing back to not showing again.

Another client, we have no clue yet. She just started posted about a month ago, once a week.

I also had an colleague reach out asking what to do as hers was suspended but I'm not sure what she did that might have caused it.

In all cases, they were resolved very quickly, usually within 24 hours.

Is
Same.

One client because he moved. Mine was suspended because I accidentally changed the address from not showing to showing back to not showing again.

Another client, we have no clue yet. She just started posted about a month ago, once a week.

I also had an colleague reach out asking what to do as hers was suspended but I'm not sure what she did that might have caused it.

In all cases, they were resolved very quickly, usually within 24 hours.
We have been suspended but don't have a sign outside the building. Signs are on the wall inside the building. For getting reinstated from a suspension does there need to be a sign on the outside?

Is

We have been suspended but don't have a sign outside the building. Signs are on the wall inside the building. For getting reinstated from a suspension does there need to be a sign on the outside?
The signage on the outside was all I needed to get reinstate for one of my listings. In another listing, they have just moved into the new office space and don't have the signs ready yet. So the GMB team asked me to provide other proof and gave me three options:

- A scanned copy or a link to your business registration showing your business address

- Business License showing your business address

- Utility Bill showing your business address

Is

My client just sent a copy of his business license.

My client has a new group of healthcare facilities, some new and some bought off other facilities. we claimed some and set up new listing for new ones - all of a sudden all have just been suspended! and reinstatements rejected - I have uploaded the State licens with the address for one of the reinstatement requests and it was still denied! They are legit facilities that exist at the address - each with its own license, phone, address, website..
So frustrating that their is no specific reason given!
Any advice? Who should I be reaching out to?

Duplicate of Need help with Suspended Listing.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom