More threads by sarmcl

sarmcl

Solutions
Reaction score
So we have had this issue since October where if we add any photos to any clients dashboard--the photos are in dashboard but not appearing on listing. Yes they are to spec. Yes I have talked to support about 35 times. Then I came across this today...........

So if you run into the same problem it looks like the Bedlam Update is causing big time issues and blocking photos from appearing. Very frustrating.

So we have had this issue since October where if we add any photos to any clients dashboard--the photos are in dashboard but not appearing on listing. Yes they are to spec. Yes I have talked to support about 35 times. Then I came across this today...........

So if you run into the same problem it looks like the Bedlam Update is causing big time issues and blocking photos from appearing. Very frustrating.

Just read the article link you mentioned. Did deleting images and re-adding them help at all?

Just read the article link you mentioned. Did deleting images and re-adding them help at all?

I did and its not working. In fact we have one client whos lone photois the logo photo. Google has now stripped that from carousel so I tried adding to normal photos the same logo but in super high resolution and still NOT showing. This is CRAZY

Almost all clients who had a logo photo and that showed in the photo carousel no longer show anymore. And anything we try to add will not show either

I did and its not working. In fact we have one client whos lone photois the logo photo. Google has now stripped that from carousel so I tried adding to normal photos the same logo but in super high resolution and still NOT showing. This is CRAZY

Almost all clients who had a logo photo and that showed in the photo carousel no longer show anymore. And anything we try to add will not show either
I tried with one client and re-adding did nothing as well. Anyone else having this issue?

I have had this issue with my business' profile, but not with any of my clients' profiles, thankfully. It's rather frustrating because I changed all of my logos and branding, but none of it shows up on my profile when someone else looks at it. The only pictures that do show up when added are the 360° pictures I add through the street view app, which I find odd.

I have had this issue with my business' profile, but not with any of my clients' profiles, thankfully. It's rather frustrating because I changed all of my logos and branding, but none of it shows up on my profile when someone else looks at it. The only pictures that do show up when added are the 360° pictures I add through the street view app, which I find odd.

I added pics on 3 clients today and one of them had the same thing where not all the pics are showing to the public.

@JoyHawkins have you seen this reported anywhere or with your clients? I am hoping this is like the missing Q&A in GMB where eventually it started showing up again.

So over the weekend I added the same 7 pictures to a second location for my client.

Now for both locations the same 7 images are showing in the GMB backend at both locations. But only two pictures show up in GMB on search & Maps. Turns out it is the same two pictures that Google allows to show up in search and maps. The other 5 images are jpg with no meta data in them.

Anyone have thoughts on why?

CC: @sarmcl @BrianFordAZ @JoyHawkins

Yep. It's been a long-standing issue. @Mindquest if you contact GMB support sometimes they can push the photos live for you.

Yep. It's been a long-standing issue. @Mindquest if you contact GMB support sometimes they can push the photos live for you.

Update: Google support tried re-processing the photos but after they did I have the same problem. Not all images in GMB "Photos" section show up in search and maps.

Sent a reply back regarding this and got back this response:

This email is in reference to your concern regarding your business page.

We’ve found that your Google My Business concern is the result of a technical issue. Our engineers are working on the issue but they don’t have an estimate for when the issue will be resolved.

Assuming more than me is still experiencing this issue?

Hi guys, I have the same issue with the GMB logo. I successfully added my client business logo following the standard size which is 720 px by 720px but my listing still appears to have 85% complete and it turns out to the same issue with the missing logo as the GMB is required. Any thoughts?

Hi guys, I have the same issue with the GMB logo. I successfully added my client business logo following the standard size which is 720 px by 720px but my listing still appears to have 85% complete and it turns out to the same issue with the missing logo as the GMB is required. Any thoughts?
Logos do not show anymore in the carousel. The only place they show now is to the right of the name in the knowledge panel. Its really not worth even adding them anymore IMHO

@Mersky01 if you want to add your listing (a link to it) to this thread, I can ask Google about it. There are lots of reports of this and if your photo is already 720x720 then I'm assuming the fact that it's still prompting you to add another logo is a bug.

Logos do not show anymore in the carousel. The only place they show now is to the right of the name in the knowledge panel. Its really not worth even adding them anymore IMHO
Yup, I just saw it in the upper right. What I mean is the actual GMB percentage remains 85% even the logo has been successfully added and accepted.

[
the actual GMB percentage remains 85% even the logo has been successfully added and accepted.

Google confirmed yesterday that this is a bug and that they are working on resolving it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom