More threads by MoneypennyCO

MoneypennyCO

Reaction score
Hey guys. We have a client who is a physician. They have a GMB account with multiple doctors listed on the account. One of the doctors is no longer with their practice and they want to see if there is a way to remove that doctor from the account without negatively impacting Google search for that office location. What would be the best solution? Thank you.
2020-01-06_10-27-08.jpg

If you don't want the listing to be inaccurate, you could update it to list the doctor's new contact information before you remove it from your account.

I would also suggest contacting GMB support and asking them if there is a "works at" relation on the listing. If there is, ask them to remove it.

... a "works at" relation on the listing.

@JoyHawkins, must I have access to The Guide to learn more about what this is? :D If I've ever heard that terminology referenced before, I don't recall it. I'm assuming it's a backend functionality for practitioner listings, and maybe there's nothing more to explain other than what you already have done...

Hey Kerry,

I'm still doing testing on seeing exactly what it does. The Guide gets into how relations look but this particular one doesn't show up visibly. I'll definitely add information as I learn more about what it "does".

It's different than the normal relation type which is meant for a business inside another business which is different than departments lol.

1578686080730.png

If you don't want the listing to be inaccurate, you could update it to list the doctor's new contact information before you remove it from your account.

I would also suggest contacting GMB support and asking them if there is a "works at" relation on the listing. If there is, ask them to remove it.

Hi Joy, I'm having a brain fart. Once we have updated the doctor's info on the current GMB page to his new practice address, phone, etc. and then removed him from the GMB, how does he then take over or transition to the new GMB listing?

He would have to claim it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom