More threads by KimW

KimW

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,
I have Site Manager access to a Google My Business location. I requested Management access (I'd like Primary Ownership though!) from within the Info dash 30 days ago. There is no word back from the Primary Owner of the page. I need higher access to fix the info, none of my edits are being accepted. I see no other way to challenge for Ownership on the listing. How can I challenge my level of access?
Thanks in advance!
-Kim

Hi Kim!

If you've requested ownership and it's been 2 weeks, you can reach out to Google and see if they will allow you to claim the listing. They'll have to determine whether the current owner is actively managing or will relinquish ownership.

Thank you for the reply krystaltaing. I've already requested help from Google.
They are making me jump through sooo many hoops to earn access. I've sent 3 verification codes to GMB help per their request. One via a phone call, another via a response to an email they sent, and another from the domain based email address. NOW they want me to request Ownership from a different email address that isn't the one I use to manage GMB and get it verified. AGAIN. This has been going on for 2 months. I'm beyond frustrated.

This sounds like a hassle. Unless the original owner is granting you access, I do know you have to remove existing manager access in order to request ownership so this is in line with the current process.

I was finally able to gain Primary Ownership- almost 3 months later o_O
This was not an easy process. I had 16 email conversations with Ritish at support & 5 live chat conversations - each one lasting roughly an hour.
I also verified the listing 3x via phone calls, verified the listing via 2 domain-based emails from the business owner, and also 1 postcard verification. None of this worked and I asked again how I could gain Primary Ownership.
I was then asked to create a duplicate location in my dash. Idk why exactly, no one would tell me other than it was part of "workflow".
A few days later I was given Primary Ownership of the original location and told to remove the duplicate from my dashboard. They assured me that no duplicate is live. (I keep checking though)

Wow. Just wow. Slow and steady finally won the race :)

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 12.58.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 12.54.39 PM.png

I was finally able to gain Primary Ownership- almost 3 months later o_O
This was not an easy process. I had 16 email conversations with Ritish at support & 5 live chat conversations - each one lasting roughly an hour.
I also verified the listing 3x via phone calls, verified the listing via 2 domain-based emails from the business owner, and also 1 postcard verification. None of this worked and I asked again how I could gain Primary Ownership.
I was then asked to create a duplicate location in my dash. Idk why exactly, no one would tell me other than it was part of "workflow".
A few days later I was given Primary Ownership of the original location and told to remove the duplicate from my dashboard. They assured me that no duplicate is live. (I keep checking though)

Wow. Just wow. Slow and steady finally won the race :)

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 12.58.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 12.54.39 PM.png
I admire your persistence, Kim. It's just crazy how difficult Google makes it to get this done. Thank you for taking the time to share how you were able to knock this out. We may go that route as well.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom