More threads by JoyHawkins

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
I have seen a few threads/conversations lately around missing reviews. Businesses are complaining that people are posting reviews for them but they aren't publishing. Here is an example that someone emailed to me.

1618249170076.png

I'm curious how many of you are seeing the same thing?

I have seen a few threads/conversations lately around missing reviews. Businesses are complaining that people are posting reviews for them but they aren't publishing. Here is an example that someone emailed to me.

1618249170076.png

The same company Trotter Company informed me that they are missing 3 reviews that they know of

I've seen it more often than usual, yes here!
Hi Hanzel, Chris Snellgrove here with Reputation Sensei. I'm the one having an issue with some missing Google reviews. Are your clients any particular industry? My two clients that are having issues are waterproofing basements and an accountant.

We have an IT service that was hit with missing reviews last week, wishing you the best during this time!

I posted this in the business community earlier this week. I am at this point extremely frustrated as there aren't many avenues to get assistance. The review that I can see on my business listing, isn't even a client. I Have no clue who they even are.
Then I had two clients try to leave me a review, and I am getting nothing. I am not receiving an email notification, nor is it even posting.
I did go in and "replied" to my unknown reviewer, thinking maybe because I hadn't responded it would trigger something to allow my current clients trying to write reviews... then the second client tried to leave a review and again NOTHING...

I have currently 10 clients I want to ask for a review from since we have had a business relationship of 45+ days, but I won't even ask them for one until I can get this fixed... I'm not wanting to waste their time.

The first photo attached is what a client tried to post this past Monday (4/12) he took a screen capture of what he posted. The second photo shows only one review and the third photo shows the actual review. You can see on the first photo, where my client is trying to post a review the first review is showing for him also.

Support Community Posting:

My google my business page:

Google Search.jpeg

what I see.jpeg

only review.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Hanzel, Chris Snellgrove here with Reputation Sensei. I'm the one having an issue with some missing Google reviews. Are your clients any particular industry? My two clients that are having issues are waterproofing basements and an accountant.
I am currently having this issue also, I am not an accountant but I am a Bookkeeper. So very similar category.

Hey Guys,

Jordan Pearce just posted in our Facebook group that he thinks he might know why the reviews aren't publishing. Can you try something for me? Contact the person that left the review and ask them if they are signed up to be a Local Guide. If not, tell them to sign up and then let me know if that works.

Sign in - Google Accounts

1618249170076.png

I have a client with 15 missing reviews.

Joy,

If you are seeing this problem (reviews not publishing) on listings you manage, can you please post over at the GMB forum (Google My Business Community) and send me the link to the thread? We're trying to collect more examples for Google.
Joy,

I also just found out that someone had left a review for my business within the last 5 days, but it's not showing up in my GMB reviews (I suspect there are others that have been left, but aren't showing up too).
  • They are not a local guide.
  • They have not removed the review
  • They have not closed their account
  • My account hasn't been suspended.
I just did as you instructed (I posted here; I'm user User 9984638295731020754).

Any recommendations?

A HUGE thanks for all you do for us!!!

Eric

For those of you that are experiencing reviews not publishing, can you clarify what industry you're seeing this for?

I just had a dental client tell me they're not seeing them either.

Our reviews arent publishing either, we are in the fashion industry (fashion manufacturing).

I've run into a GMB bug (I think) where reviews get deleted... it most recently happened a couple months ago with my agency. I replied to a review and after I submitted my reply, the review was gone. No response from Google. It happened again once last year.

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 11.02.40 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 11.01.43 AM.png

And the irony is she left me a 5* review for helping with her GMB page... 😭

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom