More threads by JoyHawkins

Hey Guys,

Jordan Pearce just posted in our Facebook group that he thinks he might know why the reviews aren't publishing. Can you try something for me? Contact the person that left the review and ask them if they are signed up to be a Local Guide. If not, tell them to sign up and then let me know if that works.

Sign in - Google Accounts
This is obviously a much bigger problem that GMB needs to correct. This is not helpful in a world where already we don't have much face to face business anymore.

Also I haven't asked yet if the reviewer is listed as a local guide, and quite frankly at this point I doubt I will.... I shouldn't have to ask my clients to jump through 15 flaming hoops simply to leave a business review. Not everyone I am asking will be a "local guide".

There is no acceptable reason hundreds of people are having this issue.

And the irony is she left me a 5* review for helping with her GMB page... 😭
If you managed her GMB listing and logged in as her from your computer, that would be why the review got filtered. If your IP which is connected to your Google account somehow gets connected to her Google account (because you login as her), Google basically "thinks" you are logging into another account and are essentially reviewing yourself.

I have a client who just lost two reviews this week. One of his reviews was older (6 months ago) and the other review was just left for a couple days ago. He is in the insurance industry.

Hi, I am having the same issue here in Australia. I manage different GMB for businesses and only 10% or reviews from their clients are actually showing up....do you have any update? have anyone understood why is this happening?

Last edited:
I have seen a few threads/conversations lately around missing reviews. Businesses are complaining that people are posting reviews for them but they aren't publishing. Here is an example that someone emailed to me.

1618249170076.png

I'm curious how many of you are seeing the same thing?
Hi, How are you? Just wondering if there is any news about the issue of review not publishing on Google by any chance....

Google tightened up the filter for reviews (to help prevent spam) but it is, unfortunately, catching some legitimate reviews in the process. Last update I heard from them is that everything is working as intended.

Google tightened up the filter for reviews (to help prevent spam) but it is, unfortunately, catching some legitimate reviews in the process. Last update I heard from them is that everything is working as intended.
Hi Joy, Thank so much for your reply, but it very strange....I have personally witness that the device client used and are mobile phone, with different Ip as they are from various clients..I have even asked what mobile provider they use and they are all different providers...mobile device such as Samsung or iPhone, it does not matter....reviews are simply not getting published anymore...I have checked on Computer businesses GMB, Air conditioning GMB, Flooring companies GMB...If google does not want people to put reviews it is ok, but having such a strict filters, make getting reviews impossible at moment...

i hope I am not resurrecting a dead thread, but my business is currently suffering from these. I have folks leaving reviews that are not showing up at all. Has any progress been made on this or? I am in the IT industry.

Edit: I'd also like to point out that if this filter is flagging stuff based on IP hits---what am I supposed to do when a client brings me a computer? Or when I build a computer for my client? I manage my GMB listing from the same IP that their machines use because, well, I kind of need the internet to do my job and perform repairs, updates, diagnostics on clients machines.

So if I do that, then they take their machine home and leave a review, google is going to flag it? That seems like poor planning.

Attached is a review left by a client that never got published. I even asked him about it and he sent me a screenshot.

3.jpg

Last edited:
@cocharleston I would suggest you post a thread on the GMB forum (Sign in - Google Accounts) and DM me the link to the thread. I'd be happy to send it to Google for you. Please include:

1. Your business name & address
2. Link to your listing on Google
3. The names (if you have them) of the reviewers that aren't publishing
4. The number (approx) of reviews that haven't published

Hi Hanzel, Chris Snellgrove here with Reputation Sensei. I'm the one having an issue with some missing Google reviews. Are your clients any particular industry? My two clients that are having issues are waterproofing basements and an accountant.
Hi Chris. I own a digital marketing business in Pittsburgh, PA. I have several clients for whom I either co-own or manage their GMBs, and several who do it on their own. Two of the ones I'm a manager/secondary owner on, and two who manage their own, have had quite a bit of legitimate reviews not showing up, and they're getting very frustrated! Here are the 4 different industries they're in...Vacation/Travel, Electrician, Craft store, and Crawl Space remediation (GMB category is Waterproofing).

Attached is one of the reviews from my crawl space remediation business owner's GMB that doesn't show up. He said this is one of 4 or 5 in the past month that isn't visible, and it's not in his GMB dashboard Reviews section either. Absolutely nothing wrong with the review (I covered up the references to his business name).

Resized_Screenshot_20210724-115917_Messages.jpg

Hi Chris. I own a digital marketing business in Pittsburgh, PA. I have several clients for whom I either co-own or manage their GMBs, and several who do it on their own. Two of the ones I'm a manager/secondary owner on, and two who manage their own, have had quite a bit of legitimate reviews not showing up, and they're getting very frustrated! Here are the 4 different industries they're in...Vacation/Travel, Electrician, Craft store, and Crawl Space remediation (GMB category is Waterproofing).

Attached is one of the reviews from my crawl space remediation business owner's GMB that doesn't show up. He said this is one of 4 or 5 in the past month that isn't visible, and it's not in his GMB dashboard Reviews section either. Absolutely nothing wrong with the review (I covered up the references to his business name).

Resized_Screenshot_20210724-115917_Messages.jpg
It appears there is absolutely no method to their madness, we are still hearing of similar situations in the waterproofing industry. More missing reviews.

Did anyone ever figure out what was going on with missing reviews? One of our clients (a tree service company) received a review 2 days ago (and got a notification from Google) but it's not showing up in GMB.

Monica,

There have been a few cases that I've sent to Google so far where they reinstated the reviews so it's worth reaching out to Google support and asking. Whenever Google makes the review filter stricter I hear complaints about reviews not showing up.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom