More threads by luischavez0104

Solutions
Reaction score
There are a lot of waterproofing/foundation repair companies that list their address on their GBP. Is there a benefit to having your address showing on GBP even though you are traveling to customer's homes to perform services? It would be best described as a hybrid model I guess. Some of the companies we work with like seeing their service area on maps even though they have an address with signage.

Solution
I feel like this has been a topic that everyone talks about but really there is no definitive answer. Google claims that SABs do not rank any different than businesses that show there address. Personally I have seen examples where that is not true.

Sterling Sky is currently looking into it more and we'll be sharing our findings soon 👀

I would love to hear your own experience too! If you have one of those clients that has signage and is willing to show their address, measure rankings and track leads before and after adding the address back and share your results here. Would be a great test!
I feel like this has been a topic that everyone talks about but really there is no definitive answer. Google claims that SABs do not rank any different than businesses that show there address. Personally I have seen examples where that is not true.

Sterling Sky is currently looking into it more and we'll be sharing our findings soon 👀

I would love to hear your own experience too! If you have one of those clients that has signage and is willing to show their address, measure rankings and track leads before and after adding the address back and share your results here. Would be a great test!

Solution

I'm interested to see what your team comes up with! I agree, it seems like Google rewards physical addresses over SAB's but there are so many other factors that influence rankings it's hard to isolate the change in order to track it. There's always new competitors popping up and changes in ranking factor weights.

I had a profile that was a SAB that dropped completely out of local rankings back in September of last year (most likely related to some algo update or bug as discussed on this forum). To recover from that asap, me and the business owner decided to show the address and classify as a hybrid (even though they really are a SAB). Almost as soon as that was approved Listings in search and especially maps increased a huge amount. From then on I will always suggest showing your address if you can while still following guidelines. Looking forward to the Sterling Sky write-up!
1683727705603.jpg

I had a profile that was a SAB that dropped completely out of local rankings back in September of last year (most likely related to some algo update or bug as discussed on this forum). To recover from that asap, me and the business owner decided to show the address and classify as a hybrid (even though they really are a SAB). Almost as soon as that was approved Listings in search and especially maps increased a huge amount. From then on I will always suggest showing your address if you can while still following guidelines. Looking forward to the Sterling Sky write-up!
1683727705603.jpg

Hello Adam, I noticed that the message you sent on May 10, 2023, referred to the old dashboard in the screenshot you shared. The experience you mentioned seems to be from a few days back when we had that GBP (GMB) dashboard. Are you still able to access or activate this dashboard?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom