More threads by haileym

haileym

Reaction score
While we were waiting for a postcard to come to our location, the phone number that we had in GMB was updated. We now see a "scroll to bottom to confirm" message with our desired phone number crossed out in orange.

We now have the verification code and want to verify the listing, but are not sure if we should update the phone number that was crossed out by Google BEFORE verifying or update the phone number AFTER. The concern here being that doing it before could result in us need to send the postcard again, possibly leading to this issue being repeated in the future.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thank you.

I’d suggest waiting until you’re verified. Changing the phone number doesn’t trigger re-verification, and I’m certain your info is more likely to stick if you’re verified.

By the way, is it a new GMB page or one you’re only claiming now?

Both are indeed correct, wait til you get the postcard. FYI an orange strike is Google rejecting the phone number. Check all your data sources for conflicting information. Especially the website.

Thank you all very much! I appreciate your time and your answers :) I will verify first and then make the necessary update. Thank you!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom