rgblocal

Reaction score
Single website domain and three physical locations all within 30 minutes of each other. I have the feeling that creating location/service page silos for each location may not work, since the content would be similar - even with localization. Maybe I am wrong here. The GMB profiles for each are robust.

Siloed example:
  • example.com/tutoring/location-a/
    • /location-a/math/
    • /location-a/science/
    • /location-a/english/
  • example.com/tutoring/location-b/
    • /location-b/math/
    • /location-b/science/
    • /location-b/english/
  • example.com/tutoring/location-c/
    • /location-c/math/
    • /location-c/science/
    • /location-c/english/
It would be difficult to optimize general service pages for multiple locations effectively should we not go with the above.

Maybe a main service page for each location that summarizes offerings? These could be linked to each physical location GMB profile. For example:
  • example.com/tutoring/location-a/
  • example.com/tutoring/location-b/
  • example.com/tutoring/location-c/
Any strategic insights here or considerations?

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
It depends on how competitive it is. If you're seeing a lot of "math" specific pages from competitors, I would go with your first option.

Janell H

Reaction score
@JoyHawkins if @rgblocal chooses the 1st option, then each location/service page must have different/unique content, correct? If that's correct, can there be any overlapping content between the location/math pages, for instance?

I'm asking because I just ran into this same "issue" today with one of our clients! Thanks.

rgblocal

Reaction score
@JoyHawkins if @rgblocal chooses the 1st option, then each location/service page must have different/unique content, correct? If that's correct, can there be any overlapping content between the location/math pages, for instance?

I'm asking because I just ran into this same "issue" today with one of our clients! Thanks.
Yes - the content would need to be sufficiently unique I would think, which is a tad difficult to do since location doesn't really impact the actual subject matter in my case.

rgblocal

Reaction score
It depends on how competitive it is. If you're seeing a lot of "math" specific pages from competitors, I would go with your first option.
Thanks for the reply Joy! We are seeing competing pages in each location, along with tight map pack results. I think the greatest challenge will be doing the siloes without cannibalizing anything.

Might be worth a shot regardless, considering anything outside of brand searches have no SERP visibility!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU

LocalU Nov2021

Most UpVoted Answers

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

Top Bottom