More threads by Tony Wang

Solutions
Reaction score
How long is it taking for reinstatement these days? I submitted the form a week ago, but not sure what to expect. I also never received acknowledgement of submission, is that normal?

This is a weird case, business moved from another state, SAB computer repair. I think he had already updated his (hidden) address because the new service area was correct. But when searching his name, Google showed a small box at the top right with his name + old location, along with an arrow. When you clicked, it showed his knowledge panel with new service area; but somehow Google was thinking he was still at his old location.

Anyhow, first/only thing I did was to change the phone number to a local number, and it was immediately suspended.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if he never updated the address and just updated the service area? I would think that should have triggered something.

Also, I recall reading a long time ago that moving the business to another state would require creating a new listing. Is that true?

They were really fast a few weeks ago and we'd hear back in 24-48 hours but currently, it's taking closer to a week or longer.

You will need to create a new listing for someone that has moved to a new state. There is a possibility that Google will move the reviews. It depends on the business type and how much has "changed".

There is also an issue with SAB address changes right now. If you change the address, then clear it, it will revert to the first address. You would only know this via the API. In a normal reinstatement (same city) this is not a big deal, but a state change would not get accepted.

Have you received a response yet? We submitted an appeal on the 24th of September. No response yet.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom