More threads by Jerem

Jerem

Reaction score
Hello,

I'd like to have your thoughts about a client that has 3 different locations with already decent local presence. These stores are in the same city (just in different district) and have the same products and services.

For the campaign, I created a local page for each store by following this URL structure: domain.com/stores/city/area-name/. For each service/GMB category I plan also to create a new page with this structure : domain.com/stores/city/area-name/gmb-category/

However, since the stores are in the same city and have the same type of products/services, I'm targeting the same keywords for each one (except the area/district specific keywords). The homepage is also targeting the same keywords. Therefore, I'm afraid of topic duplication. Though each local page has a unique title tag and looks like: "Keyword | Location name" . The content is unique but the H1>H2 are quite close. What do you guys things? Is it a standard approach ? Or would you make it differently ? Thanks you

Hi @Jerem I think that's a good approach. Try to include unique content that is relevant to each district. Unique landmarks, reviews from customers for that service/location..etc.

A second approach, and this where experimentation can come in, is to create one pager per service/city and make it so amazing that it can rank across the city. Proximity as a ranking factor is not as strong in the localized organic results so this is doable.

Hel
Hi @Jerem I think that's a good approach. Try to include unique content that is relevant to each district. Unique landmarks, reviews from customers for that service/location..etc.

A second approach, and this where experimentation can come in, is to create one pager per service/city and make it so amazing that it can rank across the city. Proximity as a ranking factor is not as strong in the localized organic results so this is doable.
Hello Colan , many thanks for having taken the time to read my thread. The second approach could be interesting as well. But finally I opted for the first one but without the "store" in the url structure.

For the second approach would you add schema markup relative to the concerned location for every single service/city page ?

I would add schema to every page but I would avoid adding multiple schemas to to a single page to avoid crossing wires as certain schemas tend to conflict.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom