More threads by nwinezog

nwinezog

Reaction score
3 out 4 of my local clients' are seeing a massive spike in GMB views for October. Anyone else seeing this on their reporting?

One client's views nearly doubled.

spike_in_views_search_&_maps.png

Also seeing huge spike in GMB Insights.
Plus corresponding oddity in Photo Views.
corresponding_odd_photo_presence_and_absence.png

Adding a related thread:

Every tracker that scrapes Google SERPS can trigger impressions. Shows up in Insights and Search Console data.

Example of two days where I was checking heavily with a grid tracking system and hitting hundreds of points.
1573055550304.png

Every tracker that scrapes Google SERPS can trigger impressions. Shows up in Insights and Search Console data.

Example of two days where I was checking heavily with a grid tracking system and hitting hundreds of points.
1573055550304.png
Thanks! Only minor corresponding map views upticks on those two days.

I saw the same boost for one of my clients in Oct. Views doubled, but conversions and traffic remained the same. My best guess is they started appearing in the 'People also search for' discover carousel on the GMB profile of a big competitor. I believe these impressions are also counted as 'Views'. These are nowhere near as visible as other impressions they're tracking, so I try to pay little attention to this metric.

Spike on certain days, or sustained? Running any new rank tracking?

No new ranking tracking, looking into if it was certain days or sustained. Pulled this with bulk insights as these 3 clients have a ton of locations.

It looks to be sustained. I pulled bulk insights a week at a time for October and they all look pretty similar.

We're also seeing a spike in views for many customers, starting around Sept 25-26 up till now. However, like mentioned above, there's no spike in the conversion rate. Could it be a bug in the reporting process?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom