More threads by Belen C

Belen C

Reaction score
Hello! yesterday i saw that most of my listings (350 from 400) have an update suggestion in the business category.
Ive been reading in the forum that some listing got suspended while changing this. I didn't try to updated cause im scared it will get suspended.

Did someone have this kind of update yesterday? should i risk and change it or just leave it?
Any suggestions are welcome :)

TIA

@Belen C was it the primary category that was changed? Are these listings on a bulk feed?

Any details will help. Thanks

Hi @Colan Nielsen, first of all thanks for your reply.

I manage different hotel chains. I don't have an agency account it just a regular. All of the listings are sorted in different locations Groups. All of the listing are not new and they are constantly updated by me.
In all of my groups i have this issue.
In some of my profiles the change is in the primary category and in others in the additional category.

Here i attached you some pictures of one of my locations group, that this is replicate in all of them.

If you need extra information let me know!
And again thanks for your help :)

Captura de pantalla 2019-07-31 a las 1.53.21 p.m..png
Captura de pantalla 2019-07-31 a las 9.40.50 a.m..png
Captura de pantalla 2019-07-31 a las 9.42.46 a.m..png
Captura de pantalla 2019-07-31 a las 9.41.02 a.m..png

Interesting. My one hotel client had a suggested category update show up in the last day or two -- from boutique hotel to hotel.

I'd start by reaching out to GMB support to see if they can provide some insight. Normally you would see something like this when you are using a bulk feed and the new feed overwrites the previous one OR you are using something like Yext and they overwrite the categories.

Hi, so yes i got in touch with GMB and they told me to NOT accept any of this updates. They confirm me that this updates are coming directly from Google. Theres been a bug causing the suspension and until they are for sure if this is causing it they recommend me to not make any updates.

ps: no we don't use Yext

Thanks for your help!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom