More threads by Bryan Bloom

Bryan Bloom

Reaction score
Ok so we have about 45 listings. Brought on a new client, went in to change the URL for the website to include the typical UTM params.

The new URL goes on, we save, shows pending, then it reverts to just the naked URL of the homepage.

Never seen this type of thing before, and looking for any help or suggestions.

Thank you!

I've run into this a few times over the years but I'm not sure if there is a common reason why this happens. Have you contacted GMB support yet?

I was just about to say the same thing that was linked in Claire's tweet. We had this happen with our description and URL for a while! I'd see if you/others with access can check permissions: Sign in - Google Accounts
Interesting, so you think this could be a 3rd party tool we gave access to our account that is changing it from the UTM param URL back to the naked URL?

But it's only on this one listing in our huge account... just making sure that you think it could be 3rd party access. ;-)

Interesting, so you think this could be a 3rd party tool we gave access to our account that is changing it from the UTM param URL back to the naked URL?

But it's only on this one listing in our huge account... just making sure that you think it could be 3rd party access. ;-)
It could be someone from your client's company who granted access as well, or if just that individual profile was connected to some other platform. In our case, it was for Yext just for 1 single listing.

Ok everyone, @AndySimpson @sixthcitysarah @Colan Nielsen Thanks so much, if you can believe it, we put in the URL with the UTM's again and it went into review and is now sticking.

No idea why, or how. We looked at 3rd party access and really didn't see anything that we could remove.

We all know GMB is odd, and maybe this was just one of those cases? Either way, thanks and finger's crossed.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom