Margaret Ornsby

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Not sure if this is really new, or just new to me as I hadn't encountered it before.

When asking for a listing in an office tower to be validated, have been asked to provide a photo of the office to prove the listing is genuine. Taken from a conversation with the support rep, this is what they want:
"of the suite and business name together
the photo should look like this
https://www.google.com/search?q=suite+business&rlz=1CAHPZX_enUS640US640&espv=2&biw=1219&bih=1102&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=xuFwVaShI8rIogSkrYOQAg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg#tbm=isch&q=business+ran+out+of+a+office+suite&imgrc=aXn7xcwsUD0PrM%253A%3BA17a3mq4eHnKQM%3Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fpbs.twimg.com%252Fmedia%252FCDXcnUeUMAMjR1N.jpg%3Bhttps%253A%252F%252Ftwitter.com%252Fjustinwarmoth%252Fstatus%252F591621504628039680%3B600%3B450"

BTW, the search query was not typed by me, that's the link the guy gave me. English may not be his first language ;-)

Since I haven't encountered this before, I'm not sure yet whether the photo we provide will be made public record, or whether it's just kept on file for the validation.

If this is *not* new to someone else, do you know the answer?

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey Margaret,

I've heard a couple instances of Google reps asking for that sort of verification. Haven't experienced it personally, though.

Chances are very slim the photo would be shown publicly.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR GMB Account Validation Google My Business & Google Maps 6
K Google requiring storefront photos Google Duplicates & Merges 4
S Appointment Required option won't stick Google My Business & Google Maps 3
A Will adding a secondary category that requires a physical location trigger re-verification for main service based category? Local Search 1
PaulSteinbrueck Apple Maps requiring verification every login? Local Search 3
abbiebeltran Business Licence Required to be Display on Location Page Local Search 1
Mark Rose GMB Management Required Consultant's Corner 2
djbaxter Seeing more contact form spam? Contact Form 7 now requires reCaptcha 3 Websites, Software, and Security 0
djbaxter Should your business implement GDPR whether or not it is required? Local SEO Tools & Software 0
Phil Rozek Google Plus page no longer required to post Google reviews Local Reviews 3
Jannell Howell Help: PIN code requirement for Google account set-ups Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Tyson Downs Getting Reviews: What Sites Don't Require an Account? Local Reviews 3
Alex Weiss Unclaimed Google+ page with a company name instead of a person's name, as required. Help & Support for Google Local 4
Travis Van Slooten Who Wants More Clients? PPC and Ongoing SEO Experience Required Consultant's Corner 6
Colan Nielsen Yahoo E-mail Mobile Recovery Number Required Local Search 1
seoWest Birth Date Requirement Google My Business & Google Maps 6
G Still Required to Create Google+, Google+Business Before Creating a Google+Local?? Google My Business & Google Maps 8
MarianoF A brand name too long for a Title Tag. Should I include it there anyway? Local Search 11