More threads by LocalSEODat

Reaction score
Hey Gang, what are the benefits of Facebook Local pages for a 2 location immigration law firm?

None of our competitors have FB Local pgs.

Need content for both? We have content for Canada and the US, but not for Vancouver and Toronto.

Are they useless if you only post info and blogs on the main biz page and not in the 2 FB Local pgs?

Found this but it was done in Apr 2019: 9 Benefits of Facebook Pages for Multi-Location Brands

Hi @LocalSEODat, my experience is that it is worth having a Facebook page for each location.

You can set them up as "Stores" (which used to be called "Business Locations" and is different than "Shops" - confused yet? ;)) so that you only have to post once and it's syndicated on all of the "Store" pages.

Here's why I recommend creating/claiming/using Facebook Store pages for multi-location businesses:
  • If you don't, there's a good chance Facebook will (or already has) automatically create one - it gets business data from third parties. I've seen each of these happen to unclaimed pages:
    • Users can leave reviews (which you can't respond to unless it's claimed).
    • Users can check into the page, tag it, etc.
    • Users can "Like" the page.
    • It's unclaimed and looks bad if a user searches for it.
  • It's a citation from a site Google trusts (even if the backlink doesn't help anything).
  • Google shows these pages in branded SERPs.
  • Google sometimes pulls reviews from Facebook into the Knowledge Panel under "Reviews from the web" and links to the page within the Knowledge Panel.

Hi @LocalSEODat, my experience is that it is worth having a Facebook page for each location.

You can set them up as "Stores" (which used to be called "Business Locations" and is different than "Shops" - confused yet? ;)) so that you only have to post once and it's syndicated on all of the "Store" pages.

Here's why I recommend creating/claiming/using Facebook Store pages for multi-location businesses:
  • If you don't, there's a good chance Facebook will (or already has) automatically create one - it gets business data from third parties. I've seen each of these happen to unclaimed pages:
    • Users can leave reviews (which you can't respond to unless it's claimed).
    • Users can check into the page, tag it, etc.
    • Users can "Like" the page.
    • It's unclaimed and looks bad if a user searches for it.
  • It's a citation from a site Google trusts (even if the backlink doesn't help anything).
  • Google shows these pages in branded SERPs.
  • Google sometimes pulls reviews from Facebook into the Knowledge Panel under "Reviews from the web" and links to the page within the Knowledge Panel.

Thank you so much Justin for your time and experience! That's a super detailed answer!!

I agree with Justin. People greatly underestimate the SEO value of well-built social media profiles. Another tip: make sure address, phone, and name match. Facebook profiles tend to rank well in the SERPs and can be a wonderful compliment to your website.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom