Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hi Shonda, thanks for asking a great question and giving an example for us to dig into.
(Moved this from G+ specific issues to new Local SEO & Ranking section of forum)

Please give us the specific KWs you are talking about instead of us maybe guessing or making a wrong assumption, and we'll take a look.

David Deering

Reaction score
Yes Shonda, could you please give us the KWs that you are targeting and even the name of your client that you are trying to help so we can try to analyze everything?

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Shonda, I just took a wild guess at the most OBVIOUS key phrase
"College Station Realtor" and that listing only ranks E.

So I'll wait for you to answer and not waste any more time guessing because that does not appear to be a big problem. So can't really research until I know for sure what the issue is.

But one thing I do notice about that listing is that her title is KW stuffed. Unless by chance her real business name is "Neetu Kainthla - Realtor" I think the KW Realtor needs to go and that would likely drop her down a few spots.

Reaction score
But one thing I do notice about that listing is that her title is KW stuffed. Unless by chance her real business name is "Neetu Kainthla - Realtor" I think the KW Realtor needs to go and that would likely drop her down a few spots.
I noticed the same thing and the only thing that should remain is the name as she is licensed as a "salesperson" working for Brazosland Realty Inc.", according to the Texas Real Estate Commission. Her listing is a professional listing for individuals like doctors, lawyer, etc where they're individually sought out.

Last edited:
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
frank3rd Questions about multiple G+ local pages versus G+ branding. Are we doing this right? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
T Any way to stop a competitor from doing this? Using Fake Reviews in Mass Recycle Bin 5
P What system do you use to manage your Agency (CRM/Project Management/Accounting/etc)? Websites, Software, and Security 1
H What engagement rates do you see from Chat in GMB? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
WilliamA What does grid search mean? How do they handle the inherent variables with search? Local SEO Tools & Software 8
C How to get your company to do SEO... Organic SEO 1
Don Archer Google business listing with 482 Real Review Missing. How do I get them back? Help & Support for Google Local 7
rich_marlatt What Wordpress plugins do you recommend for SEO and Schema Markup? Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
rich_marlatt Do the number of backlinks from a domain have any impact on local SEO? Local Search 2
brettmandoes Do the aggregators even work anymore? Citations 7
zach.todd What do you look for in a local website audit? Organic SEO 7
rickvidallon How Do You Access The Buttons In Google My Business For Online Services? Local Search 4
lincolnchan What to do when one business acquires another and moves into their location? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Elmer .S What is the most accurate search strings to use when doing manual citation audit? Citations 7
djbaxter Google on Interstitial Ads: Do what we say, not what we do Organic SEO 0
IanJohnson Office destroyed in hurricane, what should we do about the GMB listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Ryan Steinolfson How do you get the business name to show up next to the map pin? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Hanzel What would you do to make it in the Google 3 pack for "Personal Injury Lawyers" in Louisville Local Search 5
Cherie Dickey So how's everyone been doing? Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 4
Geeman What to do about a GMB that continuously adds the location to their name? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
D Competitor is constantly suggesting new areas of service. What should I do? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
lincolnchan Just acquired a business... What to do with GMBs? Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
Eoghan_MFeed Do we care about Yahoo Local and MapQuest? Local Search 16
P Missing category, what to do? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
A Legal Services Rankings Tanked After Potential Update - Solutions? What Did You Do? Organic SEO 2
Tim Colling What to do when you've verified your phone number for too many Google accounts? Google My Business & Google Maps 8
djbaxter Do SEOs Blindly Believe Google's John Mueller? Organic SEO 2
shripadd Some one doing daily edit to primary phone number Google My Business & Google Maps 2
JoyHawkins How Do You Track Leads? Local Search 2
dave101 How do you set Service Area? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Callmenicholi You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. Contact Us Messages 2
spacetuna Do I have a NAP issue? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 9
Monica Simpson Optimizing Name - do citations matter? All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 7
sixthcitysarah Anything else you can do? Spam on Google 3
A What Wordpress Website Builder & Theme do you use? (Page speed in mind) Organic SEO 4
onweblocal How Do I get the GMB for a 53 DA website to show up in the Google Carousel Ranking Puzzles 4
A What Wordpress Speed Optimizing Plugins do you use? Websites, Software, and Security 7
F Do You hate Writing Content? Here Are Some Tips to Ease the Pain. Recycle Bin 0
K Expansion of "What do you like about this business?" Local Reviews 3
JoyHawkins How Do You Do Local SEO Keyword Research? Local Content 15
O When do you use Google Maps APIs? Local Content 1
Paul Lappage Do you need to have specific User permissions to update the Attributes? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
P Change of Address - Do We Update Citations? Citations 2
L How do I set notifications for Google my Business edits that were not done by us or our clients and how to know what Google updated? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
FriarTuck00 Moving, but Might Reopen Old Location Later - What to Do? Moving or Name Changes 1
hajnasiewicz Search results for service we do not provide Multi-Location Issues 16
MKubot How do you rank in "Search by Photos" on mobile? Ranking Puzzles 0
A 6 doctors and clinics all with same NAP. How do you get into 3 pack? Google My Business & Google Maps 20
J GMB listing suspended - anything I can do? Google My Business & Google Maps 24
D How do I get a Google My Business listing to show up in nearby areas? Local Content 1