More threads by seoisgreat

seoisgreat

Reaction score
I have two clients with a monthly payment of $500 and $1000 a month. They are located in a small country, 5 million people, with no good free directories and the paid directories that give dofollow links cost to much for them.

What backlink work would suggest for them? (It's kind of "boring" niches so I don't know if outreach for blogging is an option either)

Are they local business?

If so, acquiring locally relevant links from local directories, the chamber of commerce, etc. are going to provide awesome value and will be relevant to the admins of those sites.

Hard to say without knowing the business type. But build natural links will provide better long term value for users and search engines than just building links for the sake of it.

Social profiles is a good way to go. Going up on Knowem.com and finding sites that may be relevant, but they don't have a profile on will help. Anything you can do to claim the brand name on each site to claim that real estate is an easy win. You can optimize the profiles and control the website link, so really no downside to that.

Although it is a link-building tactic, think of it more of a land grab for the brand name's real estate. When you claim more social & web 2.0 properties like that, it helps protect SERP real estate against competitors. You also control the profiles, so you can publish content across all the networks to build audiences in other places as well.

Super easy to do, and probably a worthwhile investment for someone paying a smaller monthly retainer.

Social profiles is a good way to go. Going up on Knowem.com and finding sites that may be relevant, but they don't have a profile on will help. Anything you can do to claim the brand name on each site to claim that real estate is an easy win. You can optimize the profiles and control the website link, so really no downside to that.

Although it is a link-building tactic, think of it more of a land grab for the brand name's real estate. When you claim more social & web 2.0 properties like that, it helps protect SERP real estate against competitors. You also control the profiles, so you can publish content across all the networks to build audiences in other places as well.

Super easy to do, and probably a worthwhile investment for someone paying a smaller monthly retainer.

This is about the only link work I would do at that price. I tell clients if they want me to do real outreach, I need a real budget. And if they absolutely need the links in their niche but don't have the budget, I don't take them on and I tell them why. I've offered to change it to a short term contract so they pay the same amount but it's not ongoing work, it's just an SEO campaign. No one has taken me up on that so far though.

Just tested Knowem.com. Now considering using their service. Nice share and thank you.

Great tip, Eric! I love knowem.com. Anytime I hear anyone thinking of beginning a new company or brand - this is my first recommendation. It is great for claiming brand real estate.

With the social profiles, I've actually under-cut the Knowem cost by building out a template to give to a overseas VA to claim and set up the profiles. We're not using that as a building block for future content promotion as well. I'm getting pretty excited about building out the process for that product (I like building SOPs like that lol).

Just takes a little time up front to figure out what is possible with the profiles, and then build that out for others to execute. It's a fun puzzle to work on though.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom