MKubot

Reaction score
We have 19 locations. I was thinking of using WhiteSpark to update the data aggregators:
- InfoGoup
- Neustar Localeze
- Forequeare
- Factual

Plus, manually list on:
+ GMB
+ Bing Places
+ Yelp

My questions:
- Are there any other data aggregators or manual listing websites we need to add?
- Any other issues with this plan?

Cherie Dickey

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
That depends on your budget, your industry, and the competition in each area. Just updating the aggregators will feed data to other directories with time. In some locations, this is good enough. In more competitive areas, I would add to some more higher level directories as well.

Here's a great resource from Whitespark that should help determine what those directories should be. The Best Citation Sources by Category for USA, CAN, UK & AU - Whitespark

whitespark

LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey there! Thanks for considering us for aggregator cleanup and distribution. We would be thrilled to help you out with that.

Other sites I would recommend working on are:
  1. Offline sources - If your business record at the phone company, state registry, or utility companies has anything incorrect about it, it will get picked up by the aggregators and likely distributed. If you only cleanup the aggregators and miss these offline sources, all your work could be undone within a year.

2. Apple Maps! You definitely want to make sure that people using the Apple Maps app can find your business and get the correct info.

3. Facebook! A lot of people are looking up businesses on Facebook. A lot of people are making duplicates too. It's good to take a look at what's in there, cleanup duplicates, and make sure you have one claimed, completed, and optimized listing.

4. TomTom - This will get you into some in-car navigation systems. InfoGroup will get you into many of them as well, but we also like to include TomTom to make sure we hit all (or at least most) of them.

5. Dunn & Bradstreet - also somewhat of an aggregator as it distributes data to a few sites and is often scraped by other directories.

6. Manta - some distribution, and often scraped. It's also a great site to look at for finding all your duplicates and NAP variations since they don't seem to merge similar listings.

7. Yellowpages - This site can still rank for many queries, so it has the potential to drive direct traffic (though looking through analytics, it's really just a tiny trickle), but it also gets scraped like crazy.
After those, I think it's useful to be listed on at least the top 30 or 50 additional citation sources, and any city/industry sites you can find, but I don't worry too much about consistency on these. It's just about spreading more mentions and links out there which can give a small boost to your prominence. We'd be happy to help you with these in addition to the aggregators.

Let me know if you have any thoughts or questions.

Last edited:

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Definitely get a good amount. We aim for around 70. There's no reason not to when the process is so easily outsourced and relatively inexpensive.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Hammer Site manager trying to get listing ownership All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 6
D Should I Bother Updating NAP on Business Listings and 3rd Party Sites? Citations 7
S Clients Business name now has an "A" in front of all it's YEXT site listings Citations 1
K Gaining Access to Listing as a Site Manager Local Search 7
Conor Treacy GMB Listing for a "mainly" eCommerce site Google My Business & Google Maps 4
K Request to Manage GMB Listing as Site Owner Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Garrett Sussman How Wedding Industry Pros Build Perfect Listings On Review Sites Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman An Analysis of Review Site Listings in SERPs Local Reviews 0
Garrett Sussman How to Build Perfect Listings On Automotive Industry Review Sites Local Reviews 4
Garrett Sussman How To Help Your Clients Optimize Their Review Site Listings [FREE PDF DOWNLOAD] Local Reviews 2
L After moving site to HTTPS do i need to update all directory / NAP listings ? Local Search 2
bhartzer Google Business Sites Can Overwrite URL in Google Local Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Tim Colling Google?s job listings search is now open to all job search sites & developers Local Search 2
L Tracking click throughs from Google local SERP listing by adding UTM tag in site URL Local Search 7
C Do follow anchor text sites list Local Search 5
L Site Wide Listing of Cities Local Search 7
shondarogers How do you know if your places listing is disconnected from your site? Local Search 3
johncrenshaw Did Infogroup toss all their listings after they launched their new site? Local Search 16
G Top Listing For These Sites? Really? How? Ranking Puzzles 9
G Top Listing For These Sites? Really? How? Ranking Puzzles 9
D Multiple sites - 1 listing... Help & Support for Google Local 7
stankolev What is the maximum number of categories single Google My Business listing can have? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
Don Archer Google business listing with 482 Real Review Missing. How do I get them back? Help & Support for Google Local 2
BekahBerry Managing one client with multiple listings and need to be alerted to reviews All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
Hammer GMB listing, can't find out who owns or request access All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
W Remove Listing Google Local 101 4
Collin "Delete this listing" vs "Remove listing" Google Duplicates & Merges 4
J Getting Rid of Incorrect Highlights in GMB mobile listing ( highlights you can't update on back end ) Google My Business & Google Maps 1
A Old listing reflects the wrong information - But there's a twist. Google Duplicates & Merges 1
JoyHawkins Get Live Inventory Displayed on Your Google My Business Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 9
greenworld_ Adding a new location extension for a separate GMB listing Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
M Removing old GMB listing from previous owner of premises Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Professor M New Local European Local listing removals Process Google My Business & Google Maps 1
1 GMB Listing Disabled after updating address... Google My Business & Google Maps 12
TriciaClements 3 Businesses - how to handle GMB listings for SAB? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
M Bar within hotel appearing in place of main hotel listing Help & Support for Google Local 6
Scott Rawlins GMB Listing in Greece Google My Business & Google Maps 4
RobertCarnitas GMB Spam for 'Located In' business - Does it affect the GMB listing for the business that is located inside it? Spam on Google 3
G Internet marketing company and map listings? Help & Support for Google Local 4
D New GMB listing possible due to acquisition of company? Service Area Businesses 3
Elmer .S How to delete duplicate Claimed listings on Yelp? Citations 5
L Multiple Listing Against Guidelines? Multi-Location Issues 4
Jen Currier Would you set up an Architect client with a Hybrid/SAB GMB listing if the location was residential? Service Area Businesses 2
Colan Nielsen NEW Claim your listing on BrightLocal's Agency Directory: Get in front of relevant customers and win leads LSF News and Announcements 3
TriciaClements Realtor Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 14
jross Incomplete GMB Listing Error? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Annika Neudecker Mysteriously vanishing GMB listings Google My Business & Google Maps 5
S Old Listing Hijacked by another business Spam on Google 2
WAHamilton Main listing filtered by duplicate, after duplicate is marked as 'closed' Google Duplicates & Merges 6
A Listing suspended due to account manager spamming? Google advise to create new GMB Local Search 13