More threads by MKubot

MKubot

Solutions
Reaction score
We have 19 locations. I was thinking of using WhiteSpark to update the data aggregators:
- InfoGoup
- Neustar Localeze
- Forequeare
- Factual

Plus, manually list on:
+ GMB
+ Bing Places
+ Yelp

My questions:
- Are there any other data aggregators or manual listing websites we need to add?
- Any other issues with this plan?

That depends on your budget, your industry, and the competition in each area. Just updating the aggregators will feed data to other directories with time. In some locations, this is good enough. In more competitive areas, I would add to some more higher level directories as well.

Here's a great resource from Whitespark that should help determine what those directories should be. The Best Citation Sources by Category for USA, CAN, UK & AU - Whitespark

Hey there! Thanks for considering us for aggregator cleanup and distribution. We would be thrilled to help you out with that.

Other sites I would recommend working on are:
  1. Offline sources - If your business record at the phone company, state registry, or utility companies has anything incorrect about it, it will get picked up by the aggregators and likely distributed. If you only cleanup the aggregators and miss these offline sources, all your work could be undone within a year.

2. Apple Maps! You definitely want to make sure that people using the Apple Maps app can find your business and get the correct info.

3. Facebook! A lot of people are looking up businesses on Facebook. A lot of people are making duplicates too. It's good to take a look at what's in there, cleanup duplicates, and make sure you have one claimed, completed, and optimized listing.

4. TomTom - This will get you into some in-car navigation systems. InfoGroup will get you into many of them as well, but we also like to include TomTom to make sure we hit all (or at least most) of them.

5. Dunn & Bradstreet - also somewhat of an aggregator as it distributes data to a few sites and is often scraped by other directories.

6. Manta - some distribution, and often scraped. It's also a great site to look at for finding all your duplicates and NAP variations since they don't seem to merge similar listings.

7. Yellowpages - This site can still rank for many queries, so it has the potential to drive direct traffic (though looking through analytics, it's really just a tiny trickle), but it also gets scraped like crazy.
After those, I think it's useful to be listed on at least the top 30 or 50 additional citation sources, and any city/industry sites you can find, but I don't worry too much about consistency on these. It's just about spreading more mentions and links out there which can give a small boost to your prominence. We'd be happy to help you with these in addition to the aggregators.

Let me know if you have any thoughts or questions.

Last edited:
You might also want to check HERE Maps (a data supplier for Ford, Garmin and probably other important platforms as well) and Uber Maps.

Definitely get a good amount. We aim for around 70. There's no reason not to when the process is so easily outsourced and relatively inexpensive.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom