More threads by Linda Buquet

The results are pretty interesting. I would have guessed that the CPC would be higher for .diamonds compared to a .com because a lot of people are still unaware of these new GTLDs and would hence click a .com more readily than one of these new gTLDs.

Also, cynically, I would have guessed Google would have artificially infused a bit of higher CPC on the new gTLDs considering people who own it already have sufficient money to have gone for these higher priced domain names in the first place.

The new TLDs that require some kind of verification of the business/service I could see becoming more trustworthy in the Google's eyes, but I'm curious what the ramifications will be for local branding + social.

Johnsmith.dentist or johnsmith.accountant will be a lot easier to remember than austintxdentalpractices.com or austintxcpaaccoutant.com.

I'll also be curious to see how .dentist, .accountant, etc. effects ranking for head terms.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom