More threads by petrakraft

Reaction score
I got a wrong location of an address im Maps after a request approved - see: Zauchenseestraße 83, 5541 Altenmarkt im Pongau, Österreich with that url. Here you see the correct location: Zauchenseestraße 83

But if someone adds the address manually into Google maps, then the wrong location still shows up.
Like e.g. here: Zauchenseestraße 83

Additionally the photo and the Google street view 360° image are not correct for that address.

This is a problem for the company, which is located at the address: Pongauer Jägerzaun : Holz im Garten .

Any help?

If your business is showing at the wrong location on Google Maps, it’s important to fix the map marker inside the Google My Business dashboard but it is also important to fix the marker for that street address on Google Maps in case a customer searches for the business address to get directions to your office instead of searching for your business name.

To fix an address on Google Maps, do the following:

1. Go to Google Maps and search for the address (leave off the suite number)
    Fixing-an-Incorrect-Address-on-Google-Maps-1.png
    Fixing-an-Incorrect-Address-on-Google-Maps-2.png
  2. Click the little “send feedback” link at the very bottom right corner of the screen.
  3. Click the “Suggest an Edit to [address listed]” at the top. Note: If you don’t see this option, skip to the next page.
  4. The next step will allow you to edit the address itself (ex: if the zip code is wrong) or change the marker on the map if it’s at the wrong location. Google will email you a notification to confirm they received your edit.
Sometimes when you do this, there is no option to edit the street address itself. We know from the days of MapMaker that there isn’t always a specific point of interest on Maps for every single address that exists. In those cases, there is no way to currently add one and you would want to select “Other Feedback” and provide as much detail as possible about the issue

If several weeks go by and you haven’t seen it fixed, you can also try posting your issue on the Google My Business forum and clarify that this issue is impacting your business.

Fixing-an-Incorrect-Address-on-Google-Maps-3.png

Thank you Joy!
I was just able to edit the position with the "send feeback" button.

The business itself (with the same adress) is showing at the correct location.

The adress only on the wrong spot is a "venue" itself on the map. Is that possible because that location / venue has an attached Google Street view image? Is that possible that this attached image makes the move harder?

Cheers
Petra

Turėjau tą pačią problemą su daugeliu vietų. Pavargau kovoti. Sprendimas radau tik pridėdamas papildomą raidę prie adreso numerio. Tada pataisytas žymeklis padedamas pagal poreikį.

I had the same problem with many places. I'm tired of fighting. I found the solution only by adding an extra letter to the address number. The corrected marker is then placed as needed.

Note: Sorry but this forum is English only. I used Google Translate to translate your original post. Please make sure that future posts are in English.

Hi,

It can take up to 14 days for the address marker to be reviewed. If it isn't you can post in the Google Maps support forum for assistance.

To be clear adding address markers with incorrect details or changing the address of a business to include incorrect details get the result you are looking for is against the Google Maps guidelines, the advice provided by Artaz should not be followed.

Hi! I have several clients that have the incorrect street view for their office. I have tried adjusting pins on the map and dashboard, but no luck. Can someone help me update my street view?

Additionally, I have a client whose office has been blurred out on their street view. Does anyone know how to reverse the blur?

Thank you!

Hi! I have several clients that have the incorrect street view for their office. I have tried adjusting pins on the map and dashboard, but no luck. Can someone help me update my street view?

Additionally, I have a client whose office has been blurred out on their street view. Does anyone know how to reverse the blur?

Thank you!
I would suggest posting the specific details (The address, the link to the listing on Google Maps etc) on the Google Maps Help forum and they should be able to let you know if anything can be done.

Thank you!
Hi wehrlse1,

I'm having the same issue with a client of mine. Did you have any success changing the street view for your client?

Hi wehrlse1,

I'm having the same issue with a client of mine. Did you have any success changing the street view for your client?
HI! I had luck with a few but not all of them. It will depend on the situation. I reached out to Google Maps Help, and they were really great to work with! I recommend posting there. Good luck!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom