Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score

21Development

Reaction score
This is really unfortunate. Why in the world would they do this? I understand adding Yelp reviews to the lineup, but what if you are one of the few that focused on their local biz through Yahoo's local programs? I can't remember the last time I said "Hey, look at that. Yahoo is doing something positive for local business owners."

doncampbell

Reaction score
Yes what a shame. What I find ironic is that Marissa Mayer was in charge of Local for a while at Google, and now as CEO of Yahoo it looks like she is de-emphasizing local with moves like this.

I think it really stinks for business owners who are losing their hard earned reviews.

Reaction score
Yahoo disappoints me more and more every day.

I tell my clients that we need to focus on getting reviews on Google and Yelp. That seems even more relevant now.

Thanks for this important news Linda!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Lluc Google launches Years in Business in Search Google My Business & Google Maps 3
D Google Maps, Years in Business Google My Business & Google Maps 4
M Google changes client's 5 year old, verified GMB to a duplicate listing Google Duplicates & Merges 7
S Added the Year and Month the Business Started - Listing was Immediately Suspended Help & Support for Google Local 7
SpectateSwamp How about discussing local search... Like the Spectate one; everything a 50+ years of programming Geezer wants Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 3
Antonio 4500 plus reviews suspended for a 26-year-old hotel business. Local Reviews 17
raellovepie Is this new? # years in business? Local Search 7
A Suspended listing after 5+ years Service Area Businesses 5
L 2 year old website with no links, no content dominating local pack?? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Rich Owings Attorney buys and renames bankruptcy practice; loses GMB listing after 2 years of reviews Moving or Name Changes 10
Travis Van Slooten Client's 3+ Year GMB Listing Uses UPS Address (Leave As-Is or Change)? Moving or Name Changes 6
M BrightLocal Data Aggregator push - Do you have to do it every year? Citations 17
C Hard suspension on 5 year GMB listing Help & Support for Google Local 5
M 6 year old GMB listing suspended! Recycle Bin 0
T 6 year old GMB listing suspended! Google My Business & Google Maps 15
D Acxiom's Directory will close at the end of the year Citations 8
S Sudden organic drop after a year of stability Organic SEO 12
Simon Cox Someone added Special Hours for the busiest day of the year and set it to closed... Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Tim Colling Happy New Year's Eve! Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 7
djbaxter Google Public DNS turns 8.8.8.8 years old Websites, Software, and Security 1
djbaxter Google AdSense payment notification but more than two years old Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
Linda Buquet Merry Christmas & Happy New Year from the Local Search Forum Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 13
Creativedge 20-year-old Business disappeared from "More Places" Help & Support for Google Local 9
Linda Buquet Happy New Year to All from the Local Search Forum Team Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 2
Garrett Sussman Seasonal Businesses and ORMM: How to Keep Online Reviews Coming Year Round Local Reviews 4
Linda Buquet Local Reviews & Reputation Mini Roundup - Start the New Year Off Right! Local Reviews 3
Linda Buquet Merry Christmas & Happy New Year from the Local Search Forum Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 16
Dustybones 25 years of SEO Trends Organic SEO 0
Dustybones Google Study: "Near Me" Searches have nearly doubled in last year. Local Search 9
K Re: Forget TV Reruns - Watch the InsideLocal Search Marathon & Start New Year Right Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet 2015 Is The Year Of Message Boards And Forums Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 3
jvaquino Happy New Year! Time to write down another new year resolution! Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 2
Linda Buquet Happy New Year to All from the Local Search Forum Team Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
Linda Buquet The Year in Local Search: A Timeline of the Top Stories of 2014 - Street Fight Local Search 5
Linda Buquet POLL: Share Your Top New Year Wishes for Google Local in 2015 - VOTE! Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Linda Buquet Google Confirms Penguin Update Hit Friday 10/17/14 - 1st Update In Over A Year Organic SEO 10
Adamk 500+ Locations and Home Addresses That Change every Few Years Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet Happy New Year Local Search Community! Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
Weve Got Your Customers Happy 1 Year Anniversary Linda and Local Search Forum!!! Local Search 1
djbaxter RCMP Google Doodle salutes 140 years of Mounties Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
cheaphosting Special Offer For this New Year 2013 Enjoy Unlimited Plans just at 30$/year Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet 2012 Local Search Year in Review - Timeline Infographic Local Search 2
Linda Buquet Top Local Search Experts Share Work/Life Balance Tips for the New Year Consultant's Corner 4
Linda Buquet Happy New Year from the Local Search Community Team Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
M Google Limits Name Changes: 3 Changes Every 2 Years Moving or Name Changes 2
m_j_gregory Google Limits Name Changes: 3 Changes Every 2 Years Moving or Name Changes 2
Eoghan_MFeed Do we care about Yahoo Local and MapQuest? Local Search 16
JoshuaMackens Yahoo Local Tool Consultant's Corner 17
Aly Kurtz Removing Duplicates from Yahoo Local Citations 5
liorenda Aggregators and Yahoo Small Business ongoing payment Local Search 2