More threads by Localserviceguy

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am looking for help with Yelp. I need some tips and tricks to rank organically on Yelp. I've read tons of useless articles about pictures, description, filling your profile, and other things which are obvious. I know that check-ins and request quote should work but I am not sure if it will help. Let me know if somebody has knowledge of that.
Thank you

This might sound terrible, but I'd look into paying for ads if you're really looking to get more traffic from there. Yelp makes their platform intentionally hard to manipulate so there is very little that can be done to influence ranking outside of things that are really blackhat and can get you penalized.

We have a client that does Yelp ads and the plus is that they get a lot of Yelp reviews which helps them organically as well.

Yelp ads are solid. Their audience is very low funnel and they show up top of search and even on competitor listings helping you win consideration where it otherwise would of been lost. If you're enterprise you can do store visit or more custom audience targeting.

re: Organic efforts, I strongly recommend high (and authentic) response rates to reviews. Do NOT solicit reviews as they have penalties for that which will bury your ranking and flag your listings.

Their newer features like request a quote won't necessarily bump in ranking but they do help convert viewers into leads at a higher %.

Make sure you will out all your attribute level data on Yelp to better align to that form of search query beyond just category and make sure you share a COVID update from the business.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom