More threads by Barb Davids

Barb Davids

Reaction score
A photo I recently posted for a client went over the 1000 mark. Is there a way to see what keywords triggers those views by photo or posts even? Is there any analytic data for photos?

Thanks.

Check the review position on GMB listing. If its in top 2-3 then most of the visitors to GMB listing must be clicking it.

Views are not a metric that is reflecting searches on Google at all. See this article: 3 Reasons Why You Should Ignore the Views Metric in Google My Business Insights - Sterling Sky Inc

To answer your question, there isn't a way to see search queries for views since most of them aren't even triggered by searches.

Good to know. It seems though that this is from the business listing perspective, rather than the photos. When the knowledge panel appears, it's only showing the cover photo. How are the other photo views triggered?

Check the review position on GMB listing. If its in top 2-3 then most of the visitors to GMB listing must be clicking it.

What is the "review position"?

I have only ever seen the cover photo shown.

Hey Barb,

Whenever someone is looking at the listing in Google Maps, it's showing photos. Additionally if they click to view photos, every single photo that appears on the screen gets 1 view each.

How can I make a specific photo to be the one shown in the results of my GMB?

Usually, Google uses the cover photo from GMB but these are cases where they won’t:

1. It’s a logo
  2. It’s very pixelated
  3. They’ve decided they hate your photo for some obscure reason?
If this has happened to you, the best way to fix it is to add a new picture to the cover photo section in GMB.

Tips:
  1. Pick an image that looks good in both landscape and a square layout.
  2. Pick an image that has most of the image in the top half (not the bottom half).
  3. The image should be a close-up and not have a ton of background detail.
  4. An image of an exterior is generally preferable to the algorithm.
  5. Use the dimensions 1332 x 750 for the cover photo.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom