More threads by Jim Froling

Solutions
Reaction score
Who else has dealt with this over the past several months?

A client (SAB), with a strong local organic position, started losing much of their ranking positions, and site traffic, on March 1, 2017. Riches to Rags, basically over night.

Worked with GMB Support that offered really strange and seemingly innocuous suggestions.

Asking whether Fred could be a culprit? "Oh, no!". Their suggestions seemed like a "Null Edit" from the 'good ol' days'. Nevertheless, I touched their GMB listing as suggested, addressed a few of the never-ending citation issues, etc., and waited.

Then 3 weeks ago (June 1), their rankings and traffic bounced. It has maintained and now has more #1 rankings than ever.

Hmmm. I am always alarmed at big drops in rankings, and big increases. Are they sustainable?

WTF happened? WTF is going on? Do we feel good? Or is another shoe to drop?
Have you experienced this? What have you done? What have you found?

@BarrySchwartz reports today that yet another G algo update is underway.
(Sorry, had the link but have lost it as I am beckoned to dinner. And I'm HUNGRY!)

Hunt it.

Hey Jim,

I'm sorry I don't have any insights for you but just have to say again how much I love your posts. You crack me up! :)

Could be the filter. Maybe they were filtered and then became unfiltered? Hard to say without knowing specifics :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom