More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Some of you that build Wordpress sites/blogs for clients might find a gem or two in the following post, so wanted to share.

Get A WordPress Map Plugin That Helps Bring Online Visitors To You

Maps have come a long way. Gone are the days of maps that would reload every time you needed to zoom in, zoom out, or look at a different quadrant. AJAX has made maps faster and more intuitive to use, while map service providers have gone out of their way to provide developer-friendly APIs that make it easy to add maps to your site. As a result of these developments, there are now a number of different plugins that allow you to put customized, interactive maps on your WordPress website. Take a look at some of the plugins below to see what you can do.

The post only shares 7, but there's another in comments that looks pretty rich in features.

Leaflet Maps Marker - allows you to pin, organize & show your favorite places through OpenStreetMap, Google Maps, Google Earth (KML), Bing Maps, GeoJSON, GeoRSS or Augmented-Reality browsers.

Some of you that build Wordpress sites/blogs for clients might find a gem or two in the following post, so wanted to share.

The post only shares 7, but there's another in comments that looks pretty rich in features.

Leaflet Maps Marker - allows you to pin, organize & show your favorite places through OpenStreetMap, Google Maps, Google Earth (KML), Bing Maps, GeoJSON, GeoRSS or Augmented-Reality browsers.

Some feedback:
I was going to give a go to the Leaflet Maps Maker. I installed it, but the plugin uses a lot of memory resources. I'm not a big fan of allocating more resources to any plugin. So, I had to delete it because it threw a fatal error if I didn't give it more memory.

It looks like a really nice plugin after visiting their website, but a big resource pig.

Anyone else using it?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom