More threads by gblack

gblack

Reaction score
Hello there LSF. I have a client that is having an issue updating their address. They moved location just down the same street, into a different building, but Google is not letting us use the new (correct) address.

We try to change the address in the GMB Info panel and when we click Apply, nothing happens - it just shows the spinning progress wheel and then goes back to the address window. No postcard request, nothing. We are also not able to suggest an edit to the location using that address either, it just gives us an error that says "Address or map location is incorrect" with a Back button.

We've reached out to Google support, but it has been almost 3 weeks and they haven't given us any useful info on what the problem is, or how to fix it. It appears to be some sort of bug, but beyond that we have no idea what is going on.

One thing to note: there is another business whose map pin is located on the same building, however, their address is different. This is also not a multi-unit building. I would think that since the address numbers are different, there should not be a conflict there. Maybe data quality for addresses is just poor or incomplete for that area?

You could try plugging the address into one of the validators that's out there, like SmartyStreets single address validator, just to make sure there's nothing odd about the address itself.

Thanks for the suggestion. I plugged in the address and got the following errors. Yeah, I guess it's just a data quality issue considering the address does exist and the USPS does in fact deliver there. Guess I will just have to be patient? Thankfully we were able to move the map pin so even though the address doesn't match, it at least points to the right building and gives proper directions.

address_bug.png

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom