More threads by Pamela R.

Pamela R.

Reaction score
Hello,

My insights queries are showing misleading and damaging queries. I’m a registered massage therapist. I have been in the listing for ten years and now my business is failing. My ranking in GMB listing had dropped for the first in the Summer and I started making weekly posts (as recommended by google) with short articles and it did boost my ranking back up again. Then over a month ago, I lost my ranking again and had my web designer make several updates to my website. My ranking did improve but my business has not recovered. Please help. I've been just beside myself and very worried about the circumstances. Please help.

Thank you. Pamela

Here is the share link below from google maps. I also attached a snippet file of the insights queries.

Google Maps

insights queries.JPG

Pamela,

I would also suggest you submit a legal request to Google yourself via this form. Quote the article I referenced above that shows it's not legal to advertise for this stuff in Canada.

Hello,

My insights queries are showing misleading and damaging queries. I’m a registered massage therapist. I have been in the listing for ten years and now my business is failing. My ranking in GMB listing had dropped for the first in the Summer and I started making weekly posts (as recommended by google) with short articles and it did boost my ranking back up again. Then over a month ago, I lost my ranking again and had my web designer make several updates to my website. My ranking did improve but my business has not recovered. Please help. I've been just beside myself and very worried about the circumstances. Please help.

Thank you. Pamela

Here is the share link below from google maps. I also attached a snippet file of the insights queries.

Google Maps

insights queries.JPG

I’ve worked with massage therapists and their sites all show up for more sexual queries - and poor souls click hoping, just hoping, that at least one massage therapist will offer happy endings :)

There are a few areas to focus and I find BrightLocal software can help. Citations, links, reviews, photos - do you do these things better than the competition?
Do you target a neighbourhood or an entire city?
Darlene

Thanks for your input but google should not be clumping massage therapist's in with massage palours in the first place. Why is this even happening? Massage palour's know the can't represent themselves as "therapist's" because it's a branded health care professiional credential the same as a nurse is R.P.N. and it's illegal to use the term therapist if your not an actual therapist. I have been serving Hamilton residents and the surrounding area for ten years on google listings.

You should see the stuff we have to filter out in our paid campaigns for our massage therapist client. As Digitaldar said, it's common to all MTs, not just your business. Given that it's a problem for everyone, you might want to consider the advice that this is not what's causing lead volume to drop for your business. There may be other factors at play, such as increased competition in your main lead generating channels.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom