johncrenshaw

Reaction score
Anybody else having issues with Infogroup right now? They just launched a new site and it appears they completely tossed out every login we have that I've been able to check so far. Not sure if this is a temporary issue or what.

Marie Ysais

Reaction score
Having the same issues. I hope its just a technical difficulty for a day ...........:eek:

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
I've attempted the phone verification with two different clients now and both times I received this message and the call didn't go through:

infousa not working.jpg

Would like to hear what others are experiencing.

infousa not working.jpg

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
No it's a direct line. We get the client on the line, send the call, give them the code that pops up on the screen, and the call should come into their office.

On one attempt, the call actually made it through but it hung up after asking for the verification code.

I called their support and I was given a number of a guy who apparently deals with the instances of SEO's trying to update info or something like that. I'll report back after I talk to him.

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Was finally able to send a successful verification call through to our client, gave our client the code (which pops up on the screen as soon as you hit the button for the call to go through) and they jumped to the other line to give the code to the automated caller.

As soon as that is done, the screen changes and you are prompted to create an account. No need to use an e-mail specific to the business you are claiming. After that you can make edits to the listing.

Eric Rohrback

Reaction score
So is there an actual person on the other end or is it completely automated - just enter the pin # with the phone dial pad? What I am kind of concerned about is someone from infogroup trying to upsell a client on their "premium" or "enhanced" listings before we're able to create an account.

What have you guys seen so far?

johncrenshaw

Reaction score
Anyone have any strategies on how to handle this if your client has one of those auto answer messages when you call in.

We've always had them disable the phone system if at all possible. Haven't yet run into a situation where we couldn't disable the system AND we couldn't do mail verification. If we can't disable the phone system we just to snail mail.

On another note, now when we try to add listings infogroup just says, "Thanks we'll email you when it's approved." 2 weeks later, no email.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Legal Services Rankings Tanked After Potential Update - Solutions? What Did You Do? Organic SEO 2
raellovepie Startup Business - how did you start? Consultant's Corner 4
Matthew Summers If I Report a Spammer via the Redressal Form, will said Spammer know who did it? Spam on Google 2
berto When did Google My Business start using MSA metro for service areas? Service Area Businesses 2
djbaxter CallJoy: Why did Google Call it Joy? Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 8
JoyHawkins Did Yelp Lose Review Stars on Category Pages? Local Reviews 2
Monica Simpson Where did the FB verify option go? Citations 4
Marissa Did You Know in Local Panel NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
JoyHawkins When did Bing Places Remove the Option to Add Categories? Local Search 5
djbaxter Did the June 2019 update bury quack medical sites? Google Algorithm Discussions 14
J Did everyone see the new Google Home with the Screen? Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 7
JoyHawkins October 3, 2018 - Google Medic Algo Update - How Did It Affect Local Businesses? Google Algorithm Discussions 4
RuggedSEO Did "Hawk" actually reverse the impact of "Possum"? Not being found in the snack pack Local Search 16
djbaxter Did Last Week's Google Update Benefit News & Magazine Web Sites? Organic SEO 1
M Did I miss an update today? Local Search 9
Linda Buquet Google Local Mall Update - Did Google just Change Your NAP? Google My Business & Google Maps 18
S Did Google update all address abbreviation for Google Local and Maps? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Marie Haynes Did Pigeon affect Canadian listings? Local Search 9
JoyHawkins Removed per Joy's Request - Panda 4.0 - How did it Impact Local? Recycle Bin 2
Linda Buquet Did the CEO of Yodle Really Just Say That? Re: Local Reviews Advice? Local Reviews 3
Linda Buquet Google Local Algo Change or Did Spam Filters Get Dropped? Google My Business & Google Maps 10
M How did he get a one box and the "A" position? Help & Support for Google Local 4
BobV How did they do this? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Linda Buquet Did Google Lose Attorneys & Plumbers on Google Maps? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Linda Buquet Did Google Flip your Suite??? US Consultants Please Read Google My Business & Google Maps 19
Optimize Prime Did Google Maps misplace San Antonio, TX? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
RobinOctane How Did this Happen? Suddenly Flooded With Bad Listings Local Search 3
D What did Google just do to accessing all your information for a business acct? Help Google My Business & Google Maps 10
Colan Nielsen Where Did The Troubleshooter Go? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Marie Haynes Why did this site's local ranking drop? Help & Support for Google Local 21
J Author Image Showing up in Local Results. How did they do that?? Google My Business & Google Maps 16
WHUK 3 Posts that did not add value Recycle Bin 2
M Tale of Three Sites! Why not ranking? What in the world did Google (or us) do? HELP! Local Search 6
M Call Tracking Numbers: Did This Guy Just Tell Businesses to Commit Local Suicide? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
Mike Wilton Call Tracking Numbers: Did This Guy Just Tell Businesses to Commit Local Suicide? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
Linda Buquet Why Did my Google Local Ranking Drop? The Answer Local Search 2
Marie Haynes How long did it take for your listing to be active after entering PIN? Local Search 6
Pinkape404 Infogroup or Moz - my urls are not showing up - unclaimed listing Local Search 2