More threads by Oliver Keates

Reaction score
I would like to abbreviate my shortname for my GMB listing. For example the name of the business is "PJ Solicitors Ltd". Could i change the short name to PJ Solicitors " excluding Ltd.

thanks

I would like to abbreviate my shortname for my GMB listing. For example the name of the business is "PJ Solicitors Ltd". Could i change the short name to PJ Solicitors " excluding Ltd.

thanks

I'm also interested in Oliver's questions and any best practices for "short names" in GMB -

Thanks for the link. My business is located at three different locations i would be interested to know what to use as the short name for each location:

For example:

business name + location

/SmithsLawyersLondon
/SmithsLawyersManchester

How I handle this is quite simple. Think about short and easy to recall, like a domain name.

For multi-location businesses, I use Practice+City or Practice+State
For a single entity, what would you be comfortable putting on a business card?

The last thing to note is while they may not have SEO value (boosting your profile) they may have searchable value in the future.

Check out this article I wrote about ShortNames: Short Names Come to Google My Business: Have You Reserved Yours? - BrightLocal

Thanks for the article @BenFisher. I had claimed a name but yours (localseo) inspired me to change mine to certifiedseoexpert. :)

I did find one glitch. When I went to g.page/localseoexpert, it brought up a serp page but GMB said it was taken.

To answer the OP, for most of my clients, I used the location in there. I work with multi-location companies so it's a great way to get that keyword in there just in case. Also, it makes it easier for the client to know which is which when giving it to someone i.e. company-city1, company-city2 etc.

That happens when someone claimed the name and then chose another one, they get "reserved: for a long period of unspecified time.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom