More threads by Jo Shaer

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Guys
I just updated the address for a client's GBP by adding in the trading estate which was previously missing

I added all three elements of the full address into line 1 in the back end of GBP - eg number and building name, main street name, trading estate name

When the amendment was published, it has put the Trading estate at the start of the address instead - eg trading estate name, number and building name, main street name

But in the Location tab in the back end, it is still showing in the correct order that I entered it.

The only way I can think to fix it is this but I want to get your take before I do anything:

In the Location tab of the GBP dashboard, should I add in additional address lines if I want the address to show in the correct format?
As in line 1, number and building name
line 2, main street name
line 3, trading estate name
then city
Then post code

Will that fix it?

You can try editing it in the dashboard as you explained, but the way it is displayed on search and maps may never match exactly what you have in the dashboard due to the way Google Maps may have it in their system.

I would try it in the 3 lines as you suggest, and if that doesn't work can you simply leave the trading estate name off?

Thanks @ElizabethRule
This all started because I added in a new road and a trading estate to make the address factually correct...
Are you saying that I don't have to...?

As long as Google maps directs users to the correct location without it, I don't think you need to have it.

I would just make sure all citations match the GBP address, with or without the trading estate address.

@ElizabethRule Gotta love Google... I just removed the Trading Estate line (which was never there before) and now I get an error message saying

Address can’t be found. If the address you entered is correct, adjust the map so the pin points to your business address, and save.

They had it fine before I added that Trading Estate part of the address - sigh!

Hello there

Sorry I can't be more helpful on this one - I usually just stick with a consistent formatting across all mentions of the address - wherever they are - I look at nearby businesses for formatting, how Google displays these, as well as checking the Royal Mail database for addresses.

All the best,

Claire

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU - Sold Out

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom