More threads by Tyson LinkNow

Tyson LinkNow

Reaction score
Hello,

I work for a company that uses an Agency account to manage our client's GMB pages due to the high volume of listings we have. We have noticed that we are unable to use the messaging/"get a quote" feature on listings that are inside this agency account, however, if we migrate these listings to an individual account, we are able to use the feature.

Is anybody else with an agency account experiencing issues with using the "get a quote" feature, or do you have any tips that might help us work around this?

Thank you,
Tyson

Hey Tyson,

We use the agency dashboard as well and have many listings that have this feature. One issue that might be causing this is that GMB Messaging doesn't work if you try to set it up with the GMB app for a listing that is in a location group. Since that is literally every listing inside the Agency dashboard it might explain this issue. I'm trying to get clarification from Google and will let you know.

All of the ones I see that have it were ones that had Messaging set up before Google switched to using the app.

Well I thought I'd share that we turned the feature off for my company's listing. As a business owner, I really don't want to have to constantly check my cell phone (this is not how I communicate with customers normally) and I was getting messages while I was at dinner, or working out etc with no way to route them to anyone other than myself. This product needs serious improvement.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom